403 forbidden error while assigning environments resource permission to custom role using management apis

Not applicable

I created new custom roles to manage the edge RBAC permissions. But I am not able to assign the permissions to the /environments resource. I am getting forbidden error. I am able to assign permissions to the each individual environment under the environments path. but on the edge platform I am still seeing insufficient permission errors to access the environments. I am using the user id under org admin role to add permissions. I am not sure what causing this error. Any help here would be much appreciated

Thanks

0 5 919
5 REPLIES 5

@Sri Geedi It looks like only the Sys Admin can assign permissions to the /environments resource. If you are in the Cloud, that means it is Apigee only. If you are on Private Cloud, the sys admin can di it.

Stephen

I am trying to script the creation of custom roles, so I don't need to go to the Edge UI to do this. It sounds like based on what you just stated, that this is impossible. Can you confirm?

And if this is the case, is there any plan to allow org admins the permissions to do this?

If anyone is still encountering this issue, add a trailing slash to the resource and that should work.

"path": "/environments/"

and

"path": "/environments/*/"

Thanks! This worked for me.

I had filed a customer support ticket about this issue earlier in the year and wasn't given the workaround at the time.

was fixed in Apigee SaaS with new release