Internationalization set up for the Developer Portal

While attempting to turn on the internationalization module I am shown the following image

5521-screen-shot-2017-08-22-at-73425-am.png

I cannot proceed with setting up the site to support internationalization. Any thoughts?

I am not sure what this module need to enable it. Currently it appears to be set to "required". The gear image is coming from a '../profiles/apigee/themes/...' path, so I assume this is some configuration that is specific to Apigee Drupal installs. I cannot find anything discussing 'required' in the Drupal docs.

0 1 190
1 REPLY 1

Hey John,

It looks like that module is already enabled from your screenshot. The gear icon/disabled button indicates that it's a required module that's already been enabled. You can take a look at what is requiring the module by clicking the carrot next to "Extends" in your screenshot.

Modules dependencies allow a module to enforce criteria for being enabled/disabled. Turning on a module with dependencies will prompt you to turn on its dependencies. Vice versa, you will be required to turn off dependent modules before turning off your target module. You can read a bit more about how module dependencies are hinted to Drupal here.