How to deploy the existing revision using Maven command after deleting the existing deployed/current revision (A Kind of role back to the older version)

Not applicable

0 3 684
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @SURESHT

Welcome to the community !!!

In the maven plugin there are different options available (override, update, etc). If you want an existing revision to be updated with the latest bundle, then just pass -Doptions=update

More info on the different options are documented here.

However, this is generally a practice if you are developing and testing in your dev environment so that you do not keep deploying new revisions.

Not recommended if you are doing this in production environment. Since Apigee has concept of revisions, you can always redeploy to the previous revision which is quick. If you redeploy to an existing revision, you lose track of the changes (though you can in the SCM if you are using CI/CD tools) but generally not recommended.

Hope that clarifies. If you still have any questions, please do reach out.

Hi Sai Saran,

Thanks for quick response!!

I am working on the dev environment only and my testing proxy has 4 revisions where Revision=4 is active now.

I have passed -Doptions=clean through maven command and it is successfully deleting Revision 4, but all other 3 revisions become inactive. I am able deploy any of revision manually through Edge UI. But I need help to activate the any of revision through maven command. Could you please help on providing solution.

FYI.. By using -Doptions=update, it is creating new revision since there is no active revision available(i.e, All 3 revisions became inactive post using -Doptions=clean).

Thanks for your Support!!

Regards,

Suresh

HI - If you want to push the code to existing revision, then just use options=update (do not use clean). That will deploy the code on the latest revision that is deployed.