Customized SmartDocs method template not working with new models

I had a SmartDocs method template .hbr file that I want to use as the default for all new SmartDocs models. I went to Admin>Configuration>SmartDocs and successfully uploaded the file and saved the configuration, then flushed all caches. When I add a new SmartDocs model, I get a warning saying "Custom model template could not be loaded. Standard model template is being used instead."

5496-screen-shot-2017-08-17-at-105446-am.png

I am able to update the method templates for individual SmartDocs models after they are created, but it would be much more convenient to set once an apply to all new models.

1 4 420
4 REPLIES 4

@Bennett Hansen ,

I have just experienced same. In recent update, I no longer see configuration where i can change the default template neither in individual smartdocs nor in common smartdocs configuration. I am following up with Engineering team on this. I will keep you posted.

@Chris Novak Any idea ?

@Anil Sagar, @Chris Novak - We too are having this exact same issue. Also noticed the file itself was physically uploaded there to the portal server - /opt/apigee/var/www/html/sites/default/files/smartdocs_templates and still exists after it disappears in the Admin UI.

We see the following error in the logs but when we paste the URL in a browser the templates comes up fine.

Warning: file_get_contents(https://developers.somesite.com/sites/default/files/smartdocs_templates/smartdocs-template-1.0.hbr): failed to open stream: "DrupalRemoteStreamWrapper::stream_open" call failed in smartdocs_add_model_submit() (line 612 of /opt/apigee/var/www/html/profiles/apigee/modules/custom/devconnect/smartdocs/smartdocs.admin.inc).

Any updates/thoughts or ideas?

i was facing similar problem. Worked fine after updating the default template file on the server

File Path : /opt/apigee/apigee-drupal-7.56-0.0.83/wwwroot/profiles/apigee/modules/custom/devconnect/smartdocs/templates

File Name: smartdocs.hbr

We are facing the same issue in DevPortal 4.50.00 on private cloud on some environments. The same version installation is working fine on test and uat environments, but having this error in production environments.

• The HBR template that we are using is old and we are using it for last 4 years. So we do not see any possibility of issue in it.

Whenever we try creating a model after importing HBR template, we see the error:

" Custom model template could not be loaded. Standard model template is being used instead "

Also the HBR template if deleted from UI of Developer Portal ("Configuration" > "Smartdocs" > "Advanced Settings"), though we can see it in "Content" > "Files"

Any suggestion on how to debug it?