Error when trying to setup Two-factor authentication "Uh oh. Something went amiss.”.

Not applicable

I am trying to setup 2FA on my mobile phone with Google Authenticator installed. After scanning the bar code and entering the the six-digit code from Google Authenticator into Edge UI https://login.apigee.com/mfaadd and clicking "Link your device" then after a few seconds I get error screen "Uh oh. Something went amiss.”. There is no information on cause of error. Any ideas on how to try and fix this?

Solved Solved
0 4 674
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

I have finally got the 2FA working now. It only worked after do the following:

• Reset apigee password
  • Reinstall Google Authenticator
  • Sync time in Google Authenticator->Settings->Time correction for codes->Sync now
    • This needed to be done before trying the F2A process
  • Then login to apigee and follow the F2A process
  • Then it worked ok

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@DavidBursill1 , Welcome to Apigee Community !

I did see some issues with 2fa today. I have just retried & it worked. Let us know if you still see same issue.

Not applicable

I am now getting the "Invalid OTP code. Please try again.". I have synced time correction for codes in Google Authenticator->Settings menu. But just cannot get it working.

Not applicable

I have finally got the 2FA working now. It only worked after do the following:

• Reset apigee password
  • Reinstall Google Authenticator
  • Sync time in Google Authenticator->Settings->Time correction for codes->Sync now
    • This needed to be done before trying the F2A process
  • Then login to apigee and follow the F2A process
  • Then it worked ok

@DavidBursill1 , Thank you for the answer & Helping community know about the solution. I am sure it will be helpful for others if they see same issue. I will let engineering team know about this issue.