Does Apigee Edge Support Swagger Specs?

Not applicable

I am aware that we can create swagger Specs using A127 swagger Editor. Is there any way that we can create swagger specs using Apigee Edge or Apigee developer? Also is there any way that we can test and explore APIs using Swagger UI from Apigee EDGE or Developer?

Solved Solved
0 4 1,105
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear @PRABAKARAN RAJENDRAN ,

We now have a swagger2api Node.JS based command line tool which will help you create Apigee API Proxies using swagger 2.0 spec. It will create Apigee API Bundles and help you deploy to Apigee Edge out of the box.

For more details please refer here. It's released few days back and please feel free to share your findings / suggestions / queries if any related to the tool.

PS : As of today, swagger2api tool is not officially supported by Apigee.

Cheers,

Anil Sagar

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Not applicable

Currently, there is no way to create Swagger specs from Apigee Edge/Developer. Similarly, there is currently no way to invoke the Swagger UI from Edge or Developer.

Not applicable

Thanks @Michael Malloy. I have generated couple of swagger specs using a swagger editor(eclipse). Now can I load this swagger Spec in Apigee ? If not , do we have any other way to load the swagger Spec using Apigee?

Not applicable

You cannot use your swagger spec directly in Apigee Edge. You may be able to use most of your specs with Apigee 127.

Dear @PRABAKARAN RAJENDRAN ,

We now have a swagger2api Node.JS based command line tool which will help you create Apigee API Proxies using swagger 2.0 spec. It will create Apigee API Bundles and help you deploy to Apigee Edge out of the box.

For more details please refer here. It's released few days back and please feel free to share your findings / suggestions / queries if any related to the tool.

PS : As of today, swagger2api tool is not officially supported by Apigee.

Cheers,

Anil Sagar