Getting a 502 Server Error, "The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request."

Not applicable

Hello Apigee team,

I am new to Apigee. I tried to setup a Proxy to access a Firebase account by importing the firebase-admin SDK. It's working fine on my local, however, after deployed this to Apigee, I could not run a test due to "Waiting for transaction to complete" at the beginning of the Apigee flow.

The error message I got was:

<html> <head> <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8"> <title>502 Server Error</title> </head> <h1>Error: Server Error</h1> <h2>The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request. <p>Please try again in 30 seconds. </h2> <h2></h2> </body> </html>

Any of your help will be very appreciated.

0 2 970
2 REPLIES 2

@Albert Ouyang , Welcome to Apigee Community.

Are you running firebase sdk as node app in Apigee ? Why not proxy the firebase API directly ?

Not applicable

@Anil, Thanks for your quick response, as you know, I just started to learn Apigee from the web site a few days ago, so I am not quite understand what's your suggestion to "proxy the firebase API directly"? Do you mean I just create a Proxy directly on the UI instead of creaate a Proxy locally and then deploy to Apigee? If you can give me more details or a link to some document that I can study it will be very appreciated. At this moment, I am trying to create a Java-callout function to access the Firebase (I am more familiar to Java than node.js), but I am getting a 500 internal server error from Firebase when I ran my test from Apigee, would that be possible a firewall issue? Do I need any specific security setup for Apigee to call to Firebase?

Again, many thanks for your information.