Do we need to write any code for transformations

Not applicable

Hi All,

Currently i am working with CA Layer7 API gateway. Soon we will migrate our applications from CA Layer7 to APIGEE so i need to know what are the main features we have compared with CA Layer 7 API Gateway.

I am able to do Client IP whitelisting,Certificate security,user creation,SQL attacks,Transformations,Conversion from XML to JSON and vice versa like this there are many i am able to see in Assertion Pallete but in APIGEE i am seeing very less options.

It means do we nee to write any code if we need Transformations,SQL Injections,etc...

Could you please provide some brief information about it.

Regards

Rajasekhar

0 2 1,055
2 REPLIES 2

Have you had a change to look at the policies within Edge that are available : http://docs.apigee.com/api-services/reference/reference-overview-policy

Hi @Raja Sekhar ,

You can able to do all the things you have mentioned above in Apigee & Many more. Please see details below.

Any many more out of the box policies including custom policies like Javascript, Java, Python. Each policy does many things, You can configure using simple XML elements & get the desired functionality including oAuth, service callouts (mashup) etc.

Believe me, Apigee is just not about building APIs / Managing APIs like transformation, mediation, traffic management like above. We believe API Gateway is a commodity already though Apigee API Gateway is very powerful & has many out of the box features.

Apigee value comes with End to End visibility using Analytics, Handling billions of API calls with SLA's like 99.999%, Developer Services which provides flexibility & on boarding partners within matter of hours using self service portal powered by famous open source CMS Drupal, Scaling your APIs using Apigee Edge powerful cache features, API SmartDocs Documentation, Ability to run Apigee API Management platform in multiple clouds, OnPremise, Hybrid model and many more. Just FYI, 60% of Top World Global Retailers API traffic is powered by Apigee & We handle thousands of TPS, Billions of API calls every day on cloud including events like Black Friday across our retail customers.

Many see API Management as API Gateway, But, We see it as Digital Transformation value chain that connects End User -> App -> Developer -> APIs -> API Team -> Backend & Apigee offers capabilities that helps you achieve same using API Services, Analytics Services, Developer Services, Monetization Services, Intelligent Bot Detection platform like sense.

Hope it helps.