API Mashup

Hi All,

We have a requirement where in we have to display around 10 fields on our front end UI screen.

But these fields are got from 5 different existing back-end services.

To reduce the response time and complexity on the UI side we are thinking about creating an API which will call these 5 back-end services parallely (using java script policy )and does the mashup of the response and returns it to the front end.

Could you please let me know if it is recommended to call 5 back-end services from a single API and perform the response mashup in the API.

Is there any best practice around number of back-end service calls that we need to limit in a API mashup.

Thanks,

Bipin

1 2 788
2 REPLIES 2

@Bipin chandra debbad

You could do that in a couple JavaScript callouts - one to make the calls, and the other to retrieve all the responses.

But I advise you to use the Apigee Edge Nodejs target, along with the async module in node.js to call these 5 services & mashup. The programming model is simpler and the code will be easier to maintain.

@bipin chandra debbad, I don't think there is any limit on number of backend services can be invoked from a single API using JS. But you need to check the latency while mashing up all your responses.

@Anil Sagar, where does the Node.js log/trace written to? will it appear in MP logs?