Transfer Edge Gateway proxys to Microgateway

Not applicable

Hello,

I'm writing this question here to get feedback for the better way to transfer existing proxys and respective configurations to a new Microgateway that we are about to implement.

So we have already more than 200 proxies created and configured in Edge Gateway. We intent to transfer some of them into new Microgateway.

How can we do this and what concerns should we be aware of.

Thank you.

Bruno Ferreira.

0 4 465
4 REPLIES 4

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Hey @Bruno Ferreira,

There is no way to "transfer" Edge proxies to microgateway or vice versa.

Important things to be aware of:

1) A Microgateway proxy must have a naming convention "edgemicro_{proxyname}" - there is no such naming convention needed for Edge proxies. When converting your Edge proxies to MG, you'll have to rename the proxy. This is done fairly easily in the UI, CLI (apigeetool) or via management APIs.

2) Microgateway proxies MUST have a target endpoint. "No-Target" proxies or "node.js" proxies are not allowed. The target endpoint must be a HTTP(s) Endpoint. Target Servers are not allowed.

3) Microgateway does not use any of the Edge policies. Microgateway only reads the proxy name, basePath and target endpoint. It ignores everything else (policies). Microgateway uses the concept of plugins (which is similar to a policy). You must enable plugins in the config file.

4) Virtual hosts/TLS Keystores are not applicable to Microgateway. They are setup separately in the configuration file for MG.

Hi @Srinandan Sridhar,

one question I have about the plugins developed for microgateway.

Do all plugins configured get executed for every proxy or is it possible to execute specific plugins for one proxy and other plugins for other proxies?

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Former Community Member
Not applicable

At the moment, the plugins are all executed. However, with 2.6.1(alpha) is it possible to have plugins per proxy.

I will publish an article on how this can be done in the next day or two.