Flow hooks do not execute and appear in flow trace.

Not applicable

Hi,

I followed the steps mentioned in: https://community.apigee.com/articles/36809/shared-flows-and-flow-hooks-concepts-technical-det.html

I followed the steps to create a shared flow. And included it in the proxy. It works very well.

Then I included the same flows in the flow-hooks. But then the policies do not seem to be invoked and appear in trace.

I have already checked the thread: https://community.apigee.com/questions/42509/flow-hook-does-not-execute-in-the-flow-trace.html but still having the same problem.

I have created a similar this in https://apigee.com and org=demo-au03. It does not seem to work. Shared flow mentioned in the Flow-Hook is not working. Could you please let me know what is wrong. I was trying out proxy skb_proxy.

Solved Solved
0 6 569
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Sanjay Kumar Bharatiya ,

I gave it a try, It works when i tested same in "prod" environment "Pre Proxy Flow Hook", But same in "test" environment failed to execute. Looks like some kind of configuration issue.Let me confirm same by testing in other orgs.

"Prod" Environment - Pre-proxy Flow Hook , Works as expected :

5449-screen-shot-2017-08-10-at-105909-am.png

"Prod" Environment - Pre-proxy Flow Hook , Pre-target Flow Hook, Post-target Flow Hook, Post-proxy Flow Hook Works as expected :

5450-screen-shot-2017-08-10-at-110314-am.png

Doesn't work in test environment,

5451-screen-shot-2017-08-10-at-110626-am.png

Clearly looks like env - config issue.

Let me explore more in a different org.

Update : It works as expected in other orgs.

5452-screen-shot-2017-08-10-at-111916-am.png

Looks like it's an issue with demo-au03 org test environment only. I suggest to open a support ticket with Apigee support since it's particular org & environment specific.

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Flow Hooks are specific to an Environment. Can you please confirm that you have attached SharedFlow to a Flow Hook in the right environment?

Not applicable

Hi Sudheendra,

Yes they are. Shared flow works well, which confirms that SharedFlow and API Proxy are deployed in the same environment.

Following are the screenshots from my company's organization in apigee edge:

1. SharedFlow deployed in development environment.

5437-sharedflow.jpg

2. FlowHook selected for development environment.

5438-flowhooks.jpg

3. API Proxy deployed in development.

5439-apiproxy.jpg

I have reproduced this in https://apigee.com and org=demo-au03. It does not seem to work. Shared flow mentioned in the Flow-Hook is not working. Could you please let me know what is wrong. I was trying out the proxy skb_proxy.

Thanks,

Sanjay

Not applicable

No one is replying!!

It would be helpful if anyone could please look into the issue. We need this to be working ASAP.

Request for any kind of suggestions/comments.

Thanks,

Sanjay

Hi @Sanjay Kumar Bharatiya ,

I gave it a try, It works when i tested same in "prod" environment "Pre Proxy Flow Hook", But same in "test" environment failed to execute. Looks like some kind of configuration issue.Let me confirm same by testing in other orgs.

"Prod" Environment - Pre-proxy Flow Hook , Works as expected :

5449-screen-shot-2017-08-10-at-105909-am.png

"Prod" Environment - Pre-proxy Flow Hook , Pre-target Flow Hook, Post-target Flow Hook, Post-proxy Flow Hook Works as expected :

5450-screen-shot-2017-08-10-at-110314-am.png

Doesn't work in test environment,

5451-screen-shot-2017-08-10-at-110626-am.png

Clearly looks like env - config issue.

Let me explore more in a different org.

Update : It works as expected in other orgs.

5452-screen-shot-2017-08-10-at-111916-am.png

Looks like it's an issue with demo-au03 org test environment only. I suggest to open a support ticket with Apigee support since it's particular org & environment specific.

Hope it helps.

Hi Anil,

Many thanks for investigating the issue and publishing you observations.

I will raise a support ticket.

Thanks,

Sanjay

Anytime, Glad it helps. Keep us posted moving forward if any.