Where to set our custom SMTP - in Edge Enterprise or Drupal?

anton
Participant V

We would like to use our own email domain and therefore we need to set our own SMTP server.

Where do I set it? In the Edge Enterprise website or in the Drupal portal management system?

Solved Solved
0 5 417
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anton+Bar ,

It will be in the Drupal Portal Management System. You can find instructions here.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted moving forward if any.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@Anton+Bar ,

It will be in the Drupal Portal Management System. You can find instructions here.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted moving forward if any.

Hi @Anton+Bar,

You can setup the SMTP details in Drupal as suggested by @Anil Sagar.

For configuring it at install time in the silent config file you'll have to mention below details:

SKIP_SMTP=n
SMTPHOST=smtp.example.com
SMTPUSER=smtp@example.com
# omit for no username
SMTPPASSWORD=smtppwd
# omit for no password
SMTPSSL=n
SMTPPORT=25

For configuring SMTP in management UI you can do below if you have not enabled SMTP while installation you can enable it by adding below to ui.properties file which should be at /opt/apigee/customer/application. Please create "ui.properties" file if it doesn't exist.

Add below lines to the file.

conf_apigee_apigee.mgmt.mailfrom="admin_email@domain.com" 
conf_apigee_mail.smtp.host=Ip_of_SMTP_HOST 
conf_apigee_mail.smtp.port=25 

Restart the SAP Edge Management UI by

/opt/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service edge-sap-ui restart

Hope this helps!

@Mohammed Zuber

Thanks for the answer. I am afraid, OP is referring to cloud context. Yes, If it's onpremise, above steps will definitely help. Thank you.

ankita10j
Participant II

How to setup SMTP for apigee edge cloud?

I am in this boat too. Click Portals > Portal Name > Settings > SMTP and add the details provided by my organisation. When I send a test email it times out.