Configuring custom User Role with view only access to 'Organization Users'

Not applicable

Hi Team,

I received a question from a customer.

On Edge UI is there any way to configure 'User Roles' with view only access to 'Organization Users'?

When we try to configure it by Management API:

curl -u user:pass https://api.enterprise.apigee.com/v1/o/{org-name}/userroles -H "Content-type:application/json" -X POST -d'{ "role" : [ { "name" : "orgUserOnly" } ] }'

curl -u user:pass https://api.enterprise.apigee.com/v1/o/{org-name}/userroles/orgUserOnly/permissions -H "Content-type:application/json" -X POST -d'{"path" : "/systemLevelUser","permissions" : [ "get" ]}'

and with assigning this "orgUserOnly" role to a registered user, the user cannot login to Edge UI.

If we assign it with other role like a custom role which has only view access to Product, then the user can log in to UI, but 'Admin'>'Organization Users' menu is hidden.

Is this an expected behavior? Then are there any ways to configure custom role with view only for 'Organization Users'?

Regards,
Toshi

Solved Solved
0 5 448
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Toshihiro Shibamoto

Only org admin can/ready only org admin can view org users. Custom role cannot be granted this privilege. May be you can create a read only org admin and try to achieve your customer's requirement.

Check this link

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Toshihiro Shibamoto

Only org admin can/ready only org admin can view org users. Custom role cannot be granted this privilege. May be you can create a read only org admin and try to achieve your customer's requirement.

Check this link

Thank you @snehal chakraborty for the answer. As my understanding is org admin is a built-in role with all the access is given. Is it still customizable, then how can we do it?

Yes its a built in role & cannot be customized.

@snehal chakraborty Thank you for the answer.

Is this still valid , i am trying to create a custom role for just user and roles management?

But when i assign the custom role to a user he does not see Users or Roles in the Admin section.