What is Apigee's recommendation regarding streaming file size?

There is a limit on both non-streaming and streaming file sizes (3mb and 10mb respectively).

If there is a requirement to raise this limit to 50MB and if we have many large requests come through at the same time is there a risk of running the shared message processors out of memory?

What are the best practices for this? Does Apigee have any recommendations?

1 5 429
5 REPLIES 5

Not applicable

Dear @Akash Prabhashankar, I had the similar requirement for one of my project. As you know the default request/response size in apigee is 10MB, we can increase this size from management configuration(I had read somewhere, cant remember the config details). Also you can streaming in request/response for both TargetEndpoint & ProxyEndpoint definition using following tag :

<Property name="response.streaming.enabled">true</Property>

<Property name="request.streaming.enabled">true</Property>

The only restriction you will have here is you will not be able to apply any policy on request/response. Because if the streaming is enabled, the policies will not be able to access request/response. So enable streaming carefully based on your requirement.

Hi @Suresh Mishra , @Akash Prabhashankar, Can you please let me know what maximum size you could reach here that was handled by Apigee?

Thanks,

Santosh

Not applicable

How do we increase the memory available to message processors in Private Cloud installations? I'm guessing that the memory will need to increase with increasing payload sizes.

@Eric Hickman, Please have a look of the following URL.

http://docs.apigee.com/api-services/content/enabling-streaming

I found it very informative. Hope you like it.

@Suresh Mishra,

Is there any way we can do the validations of Apikey/service callout while streaming the file.

If No, what impact will it be causing.