API console for on prem instance not working properly

Hi,

We are trying to test an API on our on prem instance using API console and we are getting and error like -

{"fault":{"faultstring":"The Service is temporarily unavailable","detail":{"errorcode":"messaging.adaptors.http.flow.ServiceUnavailable"}}}

But if we try to test that API using curl command it is working fine. It is happening with every person in the team so I think this is not browser issue.

Do we have any method to try and see what is causing this?

Regards,

Santosh

0 5 342
5 REPLIES 5

Not applicable

What do you mean by

API console for on prem instance?

API consoles doesn't make direct calls to the APIs.
Can you check your developer tools and see which API is returning 503? @santosh_ghalsasi

Hi @Maruti Chand ,

I wanted to add few more points. This is a fresh All in One instance we have setup to do some POC and this instance does not have internet connectivity. When I go to trace session of any API and click on the API console link that comes there, it opens a test console for me. If I test my APIs from there then it given me above error. I wanted to know if we need to do any specific configuration to make it call appropriate virtual host/router internally or this console will not be able to test APIs for our on prem instance.

Thanks,

Santosh

Hi @Maruti Chand ,

Can you please help and clarify this doubt for me.

Regards,

Santosh

Hi @Anil Sagar,

can you please help and let me know if API console functionality works for testing the API proxies deployed onto the on-prem instance?

Thanks,

Santosh

Hi Santosh,

Did you find the solution to this issue? I see the same thing in my AIO environment.

The same error was also happening in the Trace call, but I resolved that by adding these parameters to the ui.properties file:

conf_apigee-base_apigee.feature.enabletraceforinternaladdresses="true"
conf_apigee-base_apigee.feature.enableopenapiforinternaladdresses="true"
conf_apigee-base_apigee.feature.enablewsdlforinternaladdresses="true"

more on that here. My local IP is 192.168.x.x

But this did not resolve the issue when using API Console, that I launch from the link on the Trace screen. Wondering if there are other parameters I need to set to get API Console to work for a local IP??

Thanks, Sam