smartdocs - how to edit resource summary?

Hi guys, this is my smartdocs screenshot-11.jpg as you can see my Resource Summary is very basic. I want to add more info to that.

How can I do that via manual method?

I want to make something similar to payeezy dev portal Resource Summary >> screenshot-12.jpg

Can I achieve this by not using swagger/wadl options? If yes, how?

Solved Solved
2 12 958
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear @Barahalikar Siddharth ,

Currently, It's not available out of the box.

It's in our pipeline and future release might support above requirement.

Payeezy Developer Portal SmartDocs is heavily customised using Javascript & CSS.

Cheers, Anil Sagar

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Dear @Barahalikar Siddharth ,

Currently, It's not available out of the box.

It's in our pipeline and future release might support above requirement.

Payeezy Developer Portal SmartDocs is heavily customised using Javascript & CSS.

Cheers, Anil Sagar

@Barahalikar Siddharth , You might be interested in this article here.

As far as i know Payeezy using hard coded value to display table data

Not applicable

Related question: Is there a Smartdocs URL to the individual Resources? I can only find URLs to the individual Methods (each with the Resource summary) For example: SmartDocs URL /apis/get/MyResource, will detail the "get" Method on the "MyResource" Resource. Looking for something like: /apis/MyResource, to detail the "MyResource" Resource, and its definifion, incl. fields with example values.

This would come from the Swagger 2.0 model definitions, for example (JSON):

{ "type": "object", "properties": { "id": { "type": "integer", "format": "int64" }, "name": { "type": "string" } }, "required": [ "name" ], "example": { "name": "Puma", "id": 1 } }

http://swagger.io/specification/#schemaObject

Hi @David Simons

Currently you can achieve it partly using the JS objects available for the smartdocs temaplte.( rename the attachment to .hbr and apply on your devportal smartdocs settings.

model.apiSchema.expandedSchema

Please find the attached custom template.hbr which expands response schema, Please feel free to extend it and let us know your feedback on required JS variables for template.

Thanks @seshi for that guidance - did you attach the template.hbr file?

Hi @David Simons & @seshi, Attachments doesn't work in (nested)comments due to a bug. Try posting a new comment with your attachment.

Not applicable

Hi @David Simons

Please find the attached custom template-withSchema.txt ( need to rename to hbr ) which expands response schema, Please feel free to extend it and let us know your feedback on required JS variables for template.

Thanks @seshi, I could see the modifications that you made to the Method template under the SmartDocs settings of a model. I am getting the additional Schema Definitions section now under a method's documentation page.

Will have to play with this more, to see how to actually get the request and response schema's to show up.

Maybe you have a screenshot too, to share. Thanks!!!1381-schema-definitions.png

@David Simons , Related article you might be interested in here. Stay tuned, More templates coming soon !!