Creating shared flows,Shared Flow

Not applicable

what is the zip folder which is uploaded when creating shared flow with shared flow bundle option.

what are the contents of that folder? How will we get that folder?

0 7 733
7 REPLIES 7

Not applicable

The shared flow bundle will contain the source code for your shared flow, for details on the folder structure and contents see the docs link here: http://docs.apigee.com/api-services/content/shared-flow-bundle-configuration-reference

Additionally, you could start by creating a shared flow with the 'Empty Shared Flow' option and then download the revision from the Project menu in the editor. That will give you a shell for the shared flow bundle.

I created an 'empty shared flow' and was going for second option. I downloaded the revision. But, I don't know how to implement policies on shared flow. Kindly, help me with that

Happy to help, but would need some more detail on what you are trying to do functionally in the shared flow. You can implement any policy in the shared flow, so the specifics would be left up to your requirements.

If you are just getting started with Apigee, I would recommend staying in the UI and adding policies to your shared flow that way. Once you get comfortable with the policy definitions, you can download that revision and work with it offline if that's what you are looking to do.

There is some great material, and a video, available on the docs site that can also help with getting you started: http://docs.apigee.com/api-services/content/shared-flows

Ok. Suppose, I want to implement 'assign message policy' in a shared flow. So that I can use it with different proxies. And my question is : How can I implement that assign message policy in a shared flow. Moreover, I read those documents. But, was not able find my answer there.

In regards to adding policies, the shared flow works just like a proxy. From the Develop tab in UI, you can click the + next to Policies and select an Assign Message policy.

Once you have the shared flow configured, you can create a proxy and add a Flow Callout policy and select the shared flow you previously created.

Not applicable

Shared flow zip is a piece of code (e.g.: policies) which is supposed to be reused across API proxies. One can / get the export of such reusable code in a zip format and import it into your environment and refer it in your api proxy.

Ok. But, how to implement policies on shared flow.