Why no shared flows in PostClientFlow?

Not applicable

We have a sequence of MessageLogging policies that we could like to incorporate into a shared flow and put that in the PostClientFlow. However Post Client Flow does not allow a FlowCallout.

This is less than ideal. Although we have made good use of shared flows to consolidate logic in other areas we are unable to take advantage of SharedFlows for this sequence.

Since shared flows are merely a sequence of policies it should be allowed in the PCF as long as the policies in the shared flow are valid in the PCF (i.e. they are all MessageLogging).

3 2 261
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Kevin A - It looks like this may have come up before. Have you seen this thread: https://community.apigee.com/questions/42911/index.html. It sounds like there's a known issue with shared flows in PCF, a possible workaround is discussed, and a bug was filed. I'm sorry I don't have another suggestion.

Thanks wwitman, that was really helpful. I tried that strategy and it worked to get the Flowcallout into the PCF, however in the trace I see the callout executing but the content of the callout is missing in the trace. So, not quite sure what is happening here.