Quota policy with hourly refresh of counter

Not applicable

Hi Team,

@AnilSagar @CarlosEberhardt

I have a quota policy where reset should happen every hour (XX:00 - XX:59). I am using below code for this. But it does not seem to work. Please guide.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> 
<Quota async="false" continueOnError="false" enabled="true" name="NBNQuota"> 
  <DisplayName>NBNQuota</DisplayName> 
  <Properties/> 
  <Identifier ref="app.name"/> 
  <Allow countRef="actualNBNLimit"/> 
  <Interval>1</Interval> 
  <TimeUnit>hour</TimeUnit> 
  <Distributed>true</Distributed> 
  <Synchronous>true</Synchronous> 
</Quota>
Solved Solved
0 5 150
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Madhuri Sridharan - Try today's date (or an earlier date), such as 2017-12-16 12:00:00. The time is in UTC, so you need to account for that. For example, in India you'd want to set 12:30:00 to hit the top of the hour.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Madhuri Sridharan - Try specifying a type="calendar" attribute on the parent element, and you need to add a <StartTime>.

http://docs.apigee.com/api-services/reference/quota-policy#quotapolicytypes

Give that a try and see if that gives you what you need.

@ FloydJones , With start time, I should mention date and time. I want the counter reset to happen every hour. So please tell me what date and time values are to be entered.

@ AnilSagar, I am not getting any error. But counter reset was not happening at the top of the hour as mentioned in apigee docs.

@Madhuri Sridharan , can you explain what do you mean "it does not seem to work" ??

Any error ? What you expected to see ? What you see ? Above question doesn't give any information to help you further. Can you please update / add comments like Any error ? What you expected to see ? What you see ?

Hi @Madhuri Sridharan - Try today's date (or an earlier date), such as 2017-12-16 12:00:00. The time is in UTC, so you need to account for that. For example, in India you'd want to set 12:30:00 to hit the top of the hour.

Thanks @Floyd Jones