Monetization Reports -- revenue report -- different results for same report / missing CHARGE records

Not applicable

I'm running revenue report on last month (1.6.17 - 30.6.17), using the API or the Edge GUI

when used during the last day of the month after executing some calls to one of the apps I gotCHARGE record per these calls (E.G. - 27 calls 13.5 USD)

when using the same report today and even few hours later, this record is missing from the report

tested again today on last day (6.7.17) via the API - same behavior
after executing some new calls, i got only the new calls in the report

https://api.enterprise.apigee.com/v1/mint/organizations/[name]/revenue-reports

{ "fromDate":"2017-07-06 00:00:00", "toDate":"2017-07-07 00:00:00", "showTxDetail":true, "showSummary":true, "transactionTypes":[ "PURCHASE", "CHARGE", "REFUND", "CREDIT", "SETUPFEES", "TERMINATIONFEES", "RECURRINGFEES" ], "currencyOption":"LOCAL", "groupBy":[ "PACKAGE", "PRODUCT", "DEVELOPER", "APPLICATION", "RATEPLAN" ] }

Solved Solved
0 3 547
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

The organization you're using was misconfigured. (You don't say which one, but I did a quick search based on your user name and found it -- unless you're using more than one.) It's an older organization that may have been put back into service, but did not have its configuration brought up to date.

The behavior is due to the way the system aggregates transactions to make reports faster. An organization may have a billion CHARGE per month. To oversimplify a bit, the system aggregates all activity on both an hourly and daily basis. As you saw, very recent transactions appear in reports, but once they get old enough, the aggregated data is searched instead. The organization's transactions were not being found in the aggregates.

I have updated the configuration and back-filled all the aggregates since May (there were only 13 days with activity, up to and including yesterday). It should continue to work going forward. The report query that you posted now returns 18 CHARGE transactions for yesterday.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Not applicable

The organization you're using was misconfigured. (You don't say which one, but I did a quick search based on your user name and found it -- unless you're using more than one.) It's an older organization that may have been put back into service, but did not have its configuration brought up to date.

The behavior is due to the way the system aggregates transactions to make reports faster. An organization may have a billion CHARGE per month. To oversimplify a bit, the system aggregates all activity on both an hourly and daily basis. As you saw, very recent transactions appear in reports, but once they get old enough, the aggregated data is searched instead. The organization's transactions were not being found in the aggregates.

I have updated the configuration and back-filled all the aggregates since May (there were only 13 days with activity, up to and including yesterday). It should continue to work going forward. The report query that you posted now returns 18 CHARGE transactions for yesterday.

Awesome, Thank you @kchan , +1

kindly is there any reference to the way of aggregation and the frequency ? I need something reliable to send as a transaction report to a consumer company