apigee-all backup in OPDK version 4.17.01.

Not applicable

I use OPDK 4.17.01.

I am looking for backups with reference to the following links.
http://docs.apigee.com/private-cloud/latest/how-perform-backup

I am planning to use the following commands to perform the backup operation, but I do not know what can be obtained.
/opt/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-all backup
Please show me if detailed list or document for each component that can be obtained by the backup command exists.

Thanks.

Solved Solved
0 9 655
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You are reading the correct documentation for backups. The apigee-all command is simply a wrapper script that executes apigee-service <component> <action> for each component installed on that host. The possible components are apigee-cassandra, apigee-zookeeper, apigee-postgresql, apigee-qpidd, apigee-openldap, edge-router, edge-message-processor, edge-qpid-server, edge-postgres-server and edge-management-server. For instance, if you run apigee-all backup on a node with Cassandra and Zookeeper, the wrapper script will execute:

apigee-service apigee-zookeeper backup

apigee-service apigee-cassandra backup

This is equivalent to executing those commands separately. The backups will be stored in /opt/apigee/backup/<component>.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

You are reading the correct documentation for backups. The apigee-all command is simply a wrapper script that executes apigee-service <component> <action> for each component installed on that host. The possible components are apigee-cassandra, apigee-zookeeper, apigee-postgresql, apigee-qpidd, apigee-openldap, edge-router, edge-message-processor, edge-qpid-server, edge-postgres-server and edge-management-server. For instance, if you run apigee-all backup on a node with Cassandra and Zookeeper, the wrapper script will execute:

apigee-service apigee-zookeeper backup

apigee-service apigee-cassandra backup

This is equivalent to executing those commands separately. The backups will be stored in /opt/apigee/backup/<component>.

@Tomoya Kimura as Paul mentioned above backup is an action performed by apigee-service. Both apigee-service and apigee-all should exists on your system if you are using versions 4.16.XX or 4.17.XX.

Hi @Paul Mibus @Maudrit , Thank you very much.

I understood the mechanism of the backup command.

Is there a description document of the file to be stored?
If not, I will give up finding explanatory materials.

In general the following directories and files will be backed up but it may vary by component and version:

/opt/apigee/data/<component>
/opt/apigee/etc/<component>.d
/opt/apigee/token/application/<component>.properties
/opt/apigee/customer/application/<component>.properties
/opt/apigee/customer/defaults.sh
/opt/apigee/customer/conf/license.txt

Maudrit covered the common locations that are backed up. To see the exact actions performed by apigee-service backup, look at the Bash scripts at /opt/apigee/<component>/lib/actions/backup.

@Maudrit @Paul Mibus,thank you for your answer.

I will check it.

Not applicable

Hi All,

One question!! Can be a silly question...
Does all Apigee components backup include backup of API proxies and env configs etc? Or we need to need to take separate backup of api proxies related things.

@Anil Sagar

It does not back up API proxies or environment settings, so you will need to back those up separately. The migration tool at https://github.com/apigeecs/apigee-migrate-tool might be helpful.

Thanks a lot for confirmation.