can we prevent EMG to override x-request-id?

Not applicable

Hello,

We are using EdgeMicro gateway 2.3 for our APIs.

We need all incoming requests sent to our APIs to come complete with a "x-request-id" header value to correlates client logs on our environment. We set headers.x-request-id to true in the EMG configuration file, so that EMG adds an x-request-id when it is missing on incoming requests.

As a result, EMG is now however always forging a new value of its own for this header; and ignore any incoming value when there is already one. This is not good, since each time a client goes through EMG, we loose the correlation capabilities.

Is there a way to tell EMG only to add a new x-request-id value where there is none in the incoming request, or do we have to build a custom plugin to get this behavior?

Thanks for your help,

-Francois

Solved Solved
0 2 183
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Yes, a new one is always created. I will log an issue and we will fix this for 2.4.7. At the moment, I expect 2.4.7-beta to be out end of next week. Would that work for you?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Yes, a new one is always created. I will log an issue and we will fix this for 2.4.7. At the moment, I expect 2.4.7-beta to be out end of next week. Would that work for you?

Thanks, that's a really quick answer! We are not yet on 2.4 (but on 2.3.something) so we'll discuss internally if we need a custom plugin to "survive" up until we are able to move to 2.4.x and get the fix. Anyway I assume this is a pretty generic requirement, so you might want to get this done ASAP no matter if it's for us or other customers!

Thanks for logging the issue.