Update the flows in a proxy using a spec

Not applicable

Hello Apigee Community,

we are pretty new with apigee and we just created some proxies using specifications with OpenAPI standard. Our question is related with how to evolve those proxies in parallel with the backend APIs. We were expecting some kind of wizard (like when you create the Proxy the first time) where you can select how to apply an update. But we can't find anything like that. Which is the best way to make this happen?

Thank you very much!

Solved Solved
0 6 852
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Gonzalo Rubio Torrente

Welcome to the community !!

I believe you are asking after creating the proxy (using the wizard) with the Open API spec, how do I update the proxy if there are new resources or path definitions to the OpenAPI Spec associated with the proxy ? If that is correct, then the answer is -

1) Continue making the changes to the OpenAPI spec and save

2) Go to the proxy that was generated and click Develop

3) Click the "+" sign next to the Proxy end point config section, see screenshot

5233-screen-shot-2017-06-30-at-104119-am.png

4) In the dialog that pops up, you will see a tab "From OpenAPI". This tab shows the new flows that are not added to the proxy but were added to the OpenAPI Spec

5234-screen-shot-2017-06-30-at-104231-am.png

5) Click Add. This should create a new Conditional flow in your proxy where you can add the necessary policies and call your target

Hope I understood your question correctly and this helps !! If not, please let me know, happy to help

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Gonzalo Rubio Torrente

Welcome to the community !!

I believe you are asking after creating the proxy (using the wizard) with the Open API spec, how do I update the proxy if there are new resources or path definitions to the OpenAPI Spec associated with the proxy ? If that is correct, then the answer is -

1) Continue making the changes to the OpenAPI spec and save

2) Go to the proxy that was generated and click Develop

3) Click the "+" sign next to the Proxy end point config section, see screenshot

5233-screen-shot-2017-06-30-at-104119-am.png

4) In the dialog that pops up, you will see a tab "From OpenAPI". This tab shows the new flows that are not added to the proxy but were added to the OpenAPI Spec

5234-screen-shot-2017-06-30-at-104231-am.png

5) Click Add. This should create a new Conditional flow in your proxy where you can add the necessary policies and call your target

Hope I understood your question correctly and this helps !! If not, please let me know, happy to help

That's exactly what we were looking for. Thank you very much for you step-by-step explanation! Really appreciated.

Glad it helped !!!

divakars
Participant I

Hello,

first I created

\customer

then used this opneApi Specification to create proxy , further we required to add put method in /customer

\customer

Put:

I used the method mentioned above in this thread to import this \customer:put and apigee , till now every thing was fine.

Further we require to add /ticket:put and /ticket:post , I implemented these into OpenApi

\customer

Put:

/ticket

put:

I tried to import /ticket:put and /ticket:post using same method but I am getting "Every Swagger operation already has a corresponding conditional flow."

Any guesses why this is happening and solution for this?

I'm running into the same issue. Did you figure out how to resolve this ?

I'm running into the same problem. What is the solution to this?