What is the best way to distinguish between EMG API analytics and SaaS API analytics

What is the best way to distinguish between EMG API analytics and SaaS API analytics? Only way is to check for proxy name? or any other way I can distinguish? I just want to seprate the analytics data between EMg and SaaS API calls.

Thanks for the help

Solved Solved
1 7 255
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Yes, Proxy name is one option.

You might also want to create products specifically for EMG. These are products that will most likely contain the "edgemicro-auth" proxy (if you're using OAuth or API Keys). You can key off of products also then.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Not applicable

Not sure if I understand the question. What is EMG?. By SaaS, do you mean the API proxies deployed on Edge?

EMG Means Edge Micro Gateway.

Not applicable

There is no difference in the way of collection and reporting of A/X between Edge Micro and Edge in SaaS. You get everything that comes as part of standard A/X reporting from both the gateways (SaaS and Edge Micro). I dont think you can get custom analytics out of EMG traffic the way you would be able to do in Edge through statistics collector policy. However it might be the case of writing a plugin to make that happen. May be it is already in the roadmap for EMG @Srinandan Sridhar (??) I hope this helps.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Yes, Proxy name is one option.

You might also want to create products specifically for EMG. These are products that will most likely contain the "edgemicro-auth" proxy (if you're using OAuth or API Keys). You can key off of products also then.

Thanks, I am focused on proxy analytics, so name is the only option. It is always good to have a flag to distinguish between EMG calls. AS EMG proxies can accept request through SaaS also. That time it is very difficult to relay on proxy name.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Hmm. I should've ask this first 🙂 Why do you want to distinguish between MG and non-MG API calls? We have on purpose kept "gateway" and implementation details out of analytics. An API is an API. Microgateway or Enterprise gateway shouldn't matter to analytics.

We have a requirement to capture the EMG calls separately for monitoring and governance purpose.