how to send notification when proxy get deleted/updated?

Not applicable

In my company multiple teams are working in the same Apigee org and we are having issue to track who is deleting or making a change to the proxies out there. Can someone describe how to send a notification(e.g. email or slack) when a proxy get deleted/updated to a Tech Lead/a developer?

Solved Solved
0 7 378
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @KASSAH1

No such feature within the product. You might have to build using the Management APIs

Why not:

1. Use the concept of custom roles and give access only to teams accordingly and give delete privileges to the tech leads alone?
  2. The other options is to keep polling the Audit Management API - look for delete or update operation on APIs and then trigger another API to send emails

Again - by sending the emails doesn't help as the proxy is already deleted (which is more reactive). I would recommend a proactive approach where you restrict access by using custom roles.

WITH GREAT POWER THERE MUST ALSO COME--GREAT RESPONSIBILITY! 🙂

Hope this helps !

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @KASSAH1

No such feature within the product. You might have to build using the Management APIs

Why not:

1. Use the concept of custom roles and give access only to teams accordingly and give delete privileges to the tech leads alone?
  2. The other options is to keep polling the Audit Management API - look for delete or update operation on APIs and then trigger another API to send emails

Again - by sending the emails doesn't help as the proxy is already deleted (which is more reactive). I would recommend a proactive approach where you restrict access by using custom roles.

WITH GREAT POWER THERE MUST ALSO COME--GREAT RESPONSIBILITY! 🙂

Hope this helps !

Very NICE answer! @Sai

Thank you @Sai Saran Vaidyanathan I liked you Suggestions PROACTIVE!!!.

Awesome.. Glad I was of some help 🙂

Love the idea of using the Audit Management API. Most people I talk to, don't know that it exists.

Great Answer @Sai Saran Vaidyanathan,

@KASSAH1 , Just to add on top of what @Sai Saran Vaidyanathan said,

Many of our customers use their own mechanism to publish proxies. They don't use Edge UI at all. For example, They leverage CI / CD frameworks like jenkins, Build tools like maven to deploy the proxies with internal RBAC / Publish process. You can use your own SDLC with Apigee using Apigee Edge Management APIs & Out of the box tools / plugins like apigeetool, maven etc.

You can integrate notifications into same by doing that. Hope it helps.

I do agree with you @Anil Sagar, we do use all sort of CI and DevOps tools like maven, jenkin, sonar, UCD even Docker. Thanks for you answer thou.