Internal Component setup and communication

I drew the apigee internal components setup and its communication.

Any expertise, please confirm the flow of network communication and how it internally being deployed?

How can we separate the Apigee gateway as IDP and Apigee gateway as Proxy in a single cluster architecture?

5176-apigeediagram-watermark.png

0 3 249
3 REPLIES 3

Not applicable

Generally speaking the digram shows valid communication path. But I don't think you need two Gateway pods to achieve what you are looking for.

You can use Environments (env) for that. Envs allow you to have different APIs and they can be associated to specific Message Processors.

Keep a single Gateway pod for simplicity.

Yes, I agree. But then how do you manage the load for production and sandbox if there is a single POD?

Not applicable

@Ashokkumar Ks,

Routers are associated to pods and Mps are associated to environments.

If you go with 2 pods as you said, you still need 2 environments to have different Mps for prod and sandbox.

To separate load or to have specific Mps per env, create 2 environments with their own Mps as mentioned by @Maudrit.
In this case, routers are shared but you should not worry too much about them as they are for routing and are not involved in any processing.

If you really want to have specific routers per env, control them at your load balancer. This way your setup will be simple which is good for any troubleshooting and future upgrades.