Does Apigee Developer Portal smartdocs support OpenAPI 3.0 Spec

kkhanna
Participant IV

3 20 1,547
20 REPLIES 20

@kkhanna ,

As of today, It's not supported. We will keep you posted if any.

@Marsh Gardiner , Anything you can add here ?

Are there any schedule for implementing support for OpenAPI 3.0?

Would like to know, if Cloud version supports OAS 3.0 ?

Is there an update on this? I would like this feature as well. Seems like it is still unsupported in the developer portal when creating an API Proxy.

The spec didn't reach 3.0.0 until July 26th. Based on how long the transition took from 1.x to 2.0, I expect tooling to take at least 6 months following the release to start gaining traction, so that would be early 2018.

Before Apigee begins to support v3, we need decent authoring tooling in the world, and while that's beginning to happen, it would really help to have a great JSON schema for validating v3 specs. There's been some progress there, but more will help!

Long story short, supporting v3 is a something we're looking to do in calendar Q1/Q2 of 2018 (not a commitment, just a best guess at this point).

Is there any update for OpenAPI 3.0 Spec support ?

We're working on it.

Hello, any update here?? any target timeframes? news... thnks

Hello APIGEE team.Any update on this. Even, I am looking for support of open API 3.0 specs in the SmartDocs module. Does it support now? I really appreciate a quick response

SmartDocs with v3 support on the integrated (not Drupal-based) portals launched at the end of January.

https://cloudblog.withgoogle.com/products/api-management/improving-developer-experience-with-enhance...

We're now working on a version that can be used with Drupal, but no timeline on that yet.

Thank you very much for the quick response.Really appreciate it.

Has anything changed? I am unable to see products created from openAPI 3.0 specs in the integrated portal.

No, nothing should have changed. If you're seeing an issue please file a support request or post the steps to reproduce here so we can investigate, thanks.

These are the steps I have taken to create an API product:

- I pasted my OpenAPI 3.0 spec into the Specs section (which rendered correctly in the right view panel)

- From there I clicked the create proxy button, to create a proxy from the spec.

- Selected all flows, set authorization as pass through just to test, selected default and secure hosts, and it built and displayed under proxies

- From there, I went under API products and created a new product and selected the newly created proxy under API resources and put it under test environment.

- When clicking on the live portal on the right, I am unable to see it under the APIs page.

- Also when logged in as a registered developer I am unable to see the newly created API product in the portal.

Thanks for your response.

You must also publish the product to the API catalog from the admin UI for portals--you should see the "APIs" tile in the bottom left corner?

8747-screenshot-2019-06-26-at-105030-am.png

From there you can choose the spec that describes the product. We're looking at automating some of those steps to make this simpler, but for now, that's the workflow.

Yes, I have followed those steps as well. Sorry for not making that clear. I chose the OpenAPI 3.0 spec that describes the product. There I also set the audience to public.

This sounds like an issue--I've escalated it to engineering to investigate. I'll report back when I know more.

Thank you!

If you're still seeing this, could you try logging out and in, then trying again? We suspect there may have been a minor routing issue that affected a small number of users in this way, though it is difficult to reproduce.

that fixed the issue for me. thank you!