Change consumer key/secret text to Client ID/Secret in Drupal portal

On the "My Apps" page of the Drupal developer portal, under the "Keys" tab there are references to Consumer Key and Consumer Secret. I'd like to change that text to match the OAuth 2.0 terminology: Client ID and Client Secret. Is this possible?

Solved Solved
0 3 315
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Devin S. ,

Yes, It's possible & easy. Follow below steps.

• Go to Developer Portal source code
  • Copy file "devconnect_developer_apps_list.tpl.php" from , profiles/apigee/themes/apigee_responsive/templates/devconnect folder to sites/all/themes/{yourthemename}/templates/devconnect
  • Go to line no 150 in above copied file, change the text from Consumer Key to what ever you want, similarly line no 180 for secret.
  • Save Changes, Clear all drupal caches.

You should see updated text. Hope it helps. Keep us posted moving forward if any.

PS: I would suggest hire a Drupal Expert if you would like to do heavy workflow changes. If simple changes like above, You can get it done yourself / with the help of community.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@Devin S. ,

Yes, It's possible & easy. Follow below steps.

• Go to Developer Portal source code
  • Copy file "devconnect_developer_apps_list.tpl.php" from , profiles/apigee/themes/apigee_responsive/templates/devconnect folder to sites/all/themes/{yourthemename}/templates/devconnect
  • Go to line no 150 in above copied file, change the text from Consumer Key to what ever you want, similarly line no 180 for secret.
  • Save Changes, Clear all drupal caches.

You should see updated text. Hope it helps. Keep us posted moving forward if any.

PS: I would suggest hire a Drupal Expert if you would like to do heavy workflow changes. If simple changes like above, You can get it done yourself / with the help of community.

Thanks for the response, I'll try that. I was hoping modifying the source code wouldn't be necessary.

@Devin S. , It can be exposed as a configuration setting with a simple admin form quickly. You need little bit of Drupal Expertise to build these features. We are extending / overriding the original source template in a custom theme, It's not exactly modifying the original source code. We can call it extension / template override.