File Upload using multipart/formdata from Smart Doc is not working...

I have a REST web api to let user upload a file along with some metadata. The API is working fine from Postman and Node.js code. I published the swagger as smart doc on developer portal. When I tried to upload a file, I am getting back internal server error from backend API.

Any idea why it could be failing from Smart Doc and Solution to fix it?

Thanks,

Surabhi

0 4 494
4 REPLIES 4

llynch

Hi Surabhi,

Have you been able to resolve this issue? If not, I was wondering if it would be possible for you to share your Swagger spec with me (email: lizlynch@google.com) so that I can do a little troubleshooting with SmartDocs on my end.

Thanks!

Liz

Hi Liz,

Thanks for replying.

I found the issue but not the solution. in Smart doc, when I try to make the request, the request has extra ; at the end of each String content. I'll send you swagger in the email.

Thanks,

Surabhi

llynch

Hi @Surabhi.gupta,

Thanks for forwarding the Swagger excerpt. As noted in my response, there is a BUG with SmartDocs - it does not support type string for formData. In my experience, the formData parameter has been ignored. Your experience seems to be slightly different.

I am not aware of a suitable workaround. There is an open ticket tracking this issue. I will check on the ETA. Stay tuned and apologies for the inconvenience.

Liz

Hi @Liz Lynch do you have update on this issue?