Java call out access denied "org.apache.xml.security.register"

Not applicable

I am trying to encrypt a XML payload before sending it to service via REST.

The third party library I'm using for this purpose is Apache Santuario.

It's giving me the specified error message in java call out. I think it's a permission issue in apigee JVM. But can't resolve.

I'm using an enterprise account for doing this.

Thanks in advance.

@Dino can u help here please?

2 7 593
7 REPLIES 7

Not applicable

Please share the error.

Not applicable

Hi @SOURAV DAS , How did you upload your jar? you can upload your thirdparty jar in the below 3 ways
Using the resources API (recommended)
Bundle with the javacallout
Put it in the /opt/apigee/edge-gateway/lib/thirdparty (If you are on private-cloud)

There is a security.policy in the MP conf but if you had followed the above ways, it should work.
If you want to change the permissions you can update them using the CWC tokens.

Can you confirm?

Hi @SOURAV DAS

Assuming you are using our public cloud enterprise account (and not trial), would be useful if you can give more info:

1. How did you upload the jar ? Is it packaged within the proxy as Resource files?
  2. Have you added the Java callout policies in your proxy that depends on this 3rd party jar ?
  3. Can you confirm if this jar does not need other jars to perform its functions ?
  4. Have you tried to run your java method as a standalone program to see if it works as expected ?

Lastly (but surely not the least 🙂 ) - what is the error you are getting when you call the proxy ??

Hi @Sai Saran Vaidyanathan,

Thanks for you reply. Please find below the ans w.r.t. to your questions,

1. I had a dummy API proxy with no Back End. And uploaded the JAR in resources.

2. I have added the Java Callout Policy in the API Proxy. The dependent JARs are also added in resources sectiont.

3. I checked and confirm that the the dependency JARs are also present.

4. Yes, I have tried running the application as standalone and it is working as expected. Moreover, this same API Proxy when deployed in Private Cloud no issues happen, I am getting response, but when deployed in public cloud enterprise account I am getting the error.

Please let me know if you need any further information on this.

Thanks,

Sourav

Not applicable

@SOURAV DAS, If it is on cloud and you are using enterprise account and not trial, I think you should raise a support ticket.

Former Community Member
Not applicable

@SOURAV DAS this error is expected. Apigee has blocked certain Java packages from executing in the Java callout.

@Maruti Chand's option is the way to go.

Not applicable

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for your support. @Srinandan Sridhar, your answer gave the idea to look where for the answer to this. I think I have found a Solution.

The Santuario package was using some Java packages (java.security.SecurityManager instance), which I believe was disabled by Apigee. I found a patched version of the library which has this check disabled in it. I replaced the library with the patched one and it worked as expected.

https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.santuario/xmlsec/534045-patched

Thanks,

Sourav