,connect to Apigee Edge,add apigee

Not applicable

Can you connect Apigee Edge to any Drupal Site on Pantheon? We have purchased Apigee Edge but decided to build a site using a theme. Now I'm not sure I can connect it to Apigee Edge.

We already have a site using Apigee edge but I didn't want to override the CSS. This has been a task as I don't have continues Apigee support.

0 11 125
11 REPLIES 11

Not applicable

Hi @sofia, by connecting Apigee Edge to any Drupal Site, you mean as replacement to Edge DevPortal?

Can you elaborate on your need?

Basically, Apigee set us up on Pantheon with the Apigee Edge Dev Portal. Their UI was difficult to work with so I found a template and built out another site using Drupal 7 and Helpdesk theme. Now I have no idea how to add Apigee Edge to the new site I created. Seems like the only other option is to add the new template on top of the Apigee Edge Dev Portal and rebuild all the CSS. Is there a way for my new site to connect to Apigee Edge? Hope that makes sense.

Also I exported the Registered Users from the Apigee Edge Dev Portal to the new site but it obviously doesn't connect to Edge.

Are you using Edge Public Cloud or Private Cloud?

Why not to customize the DevPortal we offer?

We tried but got lost in the learning curve and decided to just build a seperate Drupal site. Is there no other way but working on DevPortal offered by Apigee.

Working with a separate Drupal site is no different than using Apigee Edge Developer Portal to build a custom theme. I would suggest get a drupal expert into the team or if you have css skills you can do it on your own. See my answer below.

Not applicable

DevPortal is a collection of modules which allow you to get data stored on Edge and present it on the Portal. The modules for DevPortal are not distributed as individual artifacts.

DevPortal allows you full access to Drupal, you can change looking and feel, page flow, etc.

@sofia , Welcome to Apigee Community !

• Apigee Developer Portal is built on top of Drupal CMS. If you understand Drupal, Apigee is distribution on top of Drupal CMS.
  • Apigee Profile consists of bunch of modules & themes. The core Apigee Edge PHP SDK library is already open sourced which talks to Apigee Edge.
  • At this point of time, Only thing we control is bunch of modules which uses above SDK to talk to Apigee Edge.

Coming to your question, It's not needed to create another site just to have an additional theme. You can extend the Apigee Base theme in sites/all/modules & reskin as per your branding & styling. See sample portal here that demonstrates same.

See instructions here that explains how to create sub theme out of core theme.

Regarding, Can you connect Apigee Edge to any Drupal Site on Pantheon?

Answer is yes & no. Ideally, You can leverage the SDK & build your own modules to talk to apigee edge. That's what we have done. We already have it & you have purchased same. Why do you want to re-invent the wheel ?

Using themes & Building new themes ,

You need little bit of Drupal Expertise, It's not a big deal actually. New template can be created matter of hours. Follow instructions here to have a sub theme & override css & templates as per your need.

Using existing drupal themes,

Yes, you can do that too. Place the theme in sites/all/themes & enable same from Appearance section in admin menu. You might need to tweak some Apigee pages / templates based on need.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted if any.

Can I move those modules over to the new site I built that connects Apigee Edge. I don't want to reinvent the wheel but I put so much effort into building it and customizing the CSS.

@sofia , How about taking the css & put it in Apigee site ? Apigee release updates & security fixes to Apigee Developer Portal regularly. Obviously, You don't want to break the release process. I still don't understand why are you not using Apigee Developer Portal for your theme , at the end of the day both are just Drupal.

I tried putting the theme on the Apigee site but I got a fatal error. This theme requires that I upload the modules, libraries and default folder with the images. I will try it again when I get to work and let you know the outcome.