Edge Microgateway: consume SOAP request & transform it to REST

Not applicable

I want to utilize Microgateway to consume SOAP request & transform it to REST before forwarding it to the targeted application.

It will be helpful, if there are any pointers or sample available.

Solved Solved
0 5 534
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Suraj

Welcome to the community !!

Microgateway does not have the plugin out of the box, however, you can develop your own custom plugin using NodeJS. See similar post here that has useful links to documents and repos regarding custom plugins

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Suraj

Welcome to the community !!

Microgateway does not have the plugin out of the box, however, you can develop your own custom plugin using NodeJS. See similar post here that has useful links to documents and repos regarding custom plugins

Thank You! I am pretty new to micro gateway - my understanding is that micro-gateway doesn't have load balancing capability. If there is multiple instance of the same API - i should have separate microgateways set for each instance. Is that correct?

Former Community Member
Not applicable

MG spins up a worker process for each core available in the host/VM it is installed. Load balancing happen to spread load amongst the worker processes.

A typical setup will have at least two instances (on separate hosts/VMs) of MG and another load balancer in front (like F5, haproxy or nginx).

Hi Sridhar - Sorry, coming back with the same question after a long time. My question was - if i use Apigee Microgateway to front end/proxy a set of backend multiple instances of same microservices, how does it load balance request between multiple instances of micro services.

Basically, the architecture as given below

Nginx -> Apige MG -> Multiple Instances of Microservices

galo

What we do is we run multiple APigee MG instances as side cars to the micro services. LB -> [Apigee MG -> Instance]