Specs Editor ref defect. No Apparent Workaround.

Not applicable

Hello,

When creating an API specification, I have a validation error appearing. The error shows an invalid definition reference with the message "Could not resolve reference...". The string at the end appears to be what the type-ahead feature captured before it automatically completed the actual reference for me.

None of my efforts to overwrite it have worked - copy paste, retype, etc., are all ineffective.

Here are a few images. First the indicator after reloaded the spec. Here you can see what type-ahead took in and refuses to let me replace,

4975-screen-shot-2017-06-02-at-74552-pm.png

next is the error message,

4976-screen-shot-2017-06-02-at-74601-pm.png

but here is the actual definition reference,

4977-screen-shot-2017-06-02-at-74625-pm.png

You can see here by the error that the actual text doesn't get acknowleged. If I save and re-open the spec I'm back to the first image above.

Anyone experiencing this know of a workaround?

0 2 493
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Kris,

I don't believe I've run into this issue before. Can you attach the swagger spec so I can try to reproduce this if possible?

thanks

I've seen this behavior before and recently, but I have not had time to thoroughly investigate or systematically repeat. Since I was pressed for time, I deleted the spec, edited externally (apistudio.io), created new and then adjusted the association.json.