How do I administer/manage the dev portal with trial edge?

Not applicable

Hi, I'm evaluating apigee with a trial account and Edge itself works fine - I've built out apis, api products, and apps in my org fine. But when I created portals (Publish -> Portals), and then hit the portal link, I get the streetcarts demo start page but I have no ability to do any administration. I've logged in as both the Edge org administrator as well as another Edge user I created with all roles (so I get the email from the portal to authenticate) but the only thing I can do in the portal when logged in is create new apps and manage products on those apps.

I see in the documentation I should have a similar admin interface as the Edge admin interface with various customization and config options, but so far those menus seem locked off. Is there some special user I need to register or login as in order to do administration/management on dev portals? Thanks.

Solved Solved
1 4 1,136
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@JJ ,

Welcome to Apigee Community.

Apigee Edge comes with two kinds of Developer Portals.

• Edge UI Light Weight Developer Portal (what you have seen), which can be launched directly from Edge UI Portal
  • Very powerful Open Source Drupal based Developer Portal, Apigee Edge Developer Portal powered by Drupal. I can say heavy weight portal.

Light weight portal, is for someone who don't want to do heavy customizations, launch something quickly with branding changes.

Apigee Developer Portal based on Drupal offers very wide set of features with user, content management, smartdocs & other out of the box functionality leveraged by 30,000 + drupal community contributed modules. Yes, You heard it right. More than 30,000 + plugins. For custom workflows, Need little bit of Drupal Expertise here. But, Apigee Developer Portal has many out of the box features including user management, smartdocs, forums, faq's, blogs, roles, rbac, and the list goes on.

Having said that, coming to your query,

• You can do portal administration for light weight portal from Edge UI itself. Click on Portal name to access admin pages.

4961-portals-apigee12.png

Admin screen,

4962-screen-shot-2017-06-02-at-80059-am.png

Apigee Drupal based developer portal is available only for Paid customers & Part of evaluation for prospects. For that you need to get in touch with Apigee Sales.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted moving forward if any.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@JJ ,

Welcome to Apigee Community.

Apigee Edge comes with two kinds of Developer Portals.

• Edge UI Light Weight Developer Portal (what you have seen), which can be launched directly from Edge UI Portal
  • Very powerful Open Source Drupal based Developer Portal, Apigee Edge Developer Portal powered by Drupal. I can say heavy weight portal.

Light weight portal, is for someone who don't want to do heavy customizations, launch something quickly with branding changes.

Apigee Developer Portal based on Drupal offers very wide set of features with user, content management, smartdocs & other out of the box functionality leveraged by 30,000 + drupal community contributed modules. Yes, You heard it right. More than 30,000 + plugins. For custom workflows, Need little bit of Drupal Expertise here. But, Apigee Developer Portal has many out of the box features including user management, smartdocs, forums, faq's, blogs, roles, rbac, and the list goes on.

Having said that, coming to your query,

• You can do portal administration for light weight portal from Edge UI itself. Click on Portal name to access admin pages.

4961-portals-apigee12.png

Admin screen,

4962-screen-shot-2017-06-02-at-80059-am.png

Apigee Drupal based developer portal is available only for Paid customers & Part of evaluation for prospects. For that you need to get in touch with Apigee Sales.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted moving forward if any.

@Marsh Gardiner @Chris Novak , Can we highlight the link in a better way ? It looks like hidden as of today. We have got similar feedback earlier too.

Agreed—this is a usability issue we've been tracking.

Ah thank you Anil. I agree with your other comment that it might be better to call out that link - right now it looks just like every other plain-text field in the UI so I never thought to hover over it.