API request from SmartDocs is not working

I created Smartdocs page on Developer Portal for API proxy on Edge for Private Cloud v4.17.01.01.

But the API request on the page clicking "Send this request" button is not working with the following error displayed.

An internal error has occurred. Please retry your request.

Since, the request does not reach Edge, the Edge trace tool cannot give any help

The same API request from other clients such as curl and the Edge trace tool is successfully working.

Any help on the cause or how to debug this error will be appreciated.

Thanks,

0 5 364
5 REPLIES 5

@Takuro Oyama , See similar question asked here. Keep us posted.

@Anil Sagar

Thank you for your comment.

I chekced that on-premise smartdocs proxy had been alreay set in my SmartDocs proxy URL setting.

The smartdocs proxy was installed by the test install scrpit following the instruction in http://docs.apigee.com/private-cloud/latest/test-install.

Since the default virtual host alias configured by the script was
"VALIDATE.apigee.com", I modified the host alias as "ip address of Edge:port number".

Then the request reached to the smartdocs proxy, but an internal error still occurs. Acccoring to the Edge trace tool, "dns-resolve" Python policy returns an error
-------

error Evaluation of script dns-resolve.py (py) failed with reason: "AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find'"
error.cause AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find' in dns-resolve.py at line number 16

-------

@Takuro Oyama , See similar thread here, let us know if it helps.

@Anil Sagar

I forgot to set back my SmartDocs proxy URL setting as the private local smart proxy.

Once I set the corret SmartDocs proxy URL setting, live API request from SmartDocs works.

In my case, I set the host alias of virtual host for smartdocs proxy as <router ip address>:<port number>.

I suppose that setting correct host name as the host alias should work as well.

Thanks for your help.

Glad to know @Takuro Oyama , As always, Keep us posted moving forward if any.