Apigee Analytics: How to Automate CSV File Download?

Not applicable

Is there anyway to Automate the download of CSV files for the Apigee Analytics Report? For example every 12 midnight, it should generate a csv file and store it somewhere. This is the idea but the details are not yet constructed. I just want to know if anything like this is possible on Apigee.

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 8 991
8 REPLIES 8

@Junnes Ashley Pineda

You can do that using Analytics API, You can call the API, get the response, construct CSV & store where ever you want.

What do you mean by construct the csv? what I am trying to do is that the generated csv should automatically download based on the specified time of the day/ week.

Another thing, aren't the analytics api can only get apigee provided dimensions? how about the custom dimensions?

Not applicable
@Junnes Ashley Pineda

Check my answer here and let me know if that helps

https://community.apigee.com/questions/41431/access-custom-reports-data-via-analytics-api.html?child...

Once you know what APIs you need to call, you can write a script to generate CSV( node.js for example)

@Maruti Chand Can this process be run on batch? or in an automated manner? wherein I will just call the Analytics API and the node.js will convert it to a csv file based on the specified time? I am not quite familiar with node.js though.

@Junnes Ashley Pineda , Yes, Using node.js you can run it like a batch of reports or frequently run same using cron. See node.js module which converts json to csv here.

• Make an API call to Analytics report in Node.JS using report id
  • Extract the report metrics & dimensions
  • Make an API to call to Apigee Analytics
  • Json response will have all the data, Convert to CSV using above node module.

Hope it helps.

@Junnes Ashley Pineda That was an example, it doesn't need to be node.js.

basically, you need to parse the json and get whatever you want in a CSV.

You can either run all APIs at one shot or sequentially.

@Anil Sagar @Maruti Chand I am having errors in trying to access the analytics API. I have my code below and when I try to add it in a service callout policy like in the code below, It says that my code is an Invalid XML:

<HTTPTargetConnection><URL>http://hostname/v1/organizations/ntp/environments/prod/stats/developers?select=sum(message_count)&timeRange=05/21/2017%2000:00~05/26/2017%2000:00&timeUnit=day</URL> </HTTPTargetConnection>

I hid the value for the hostname I am using. And when I use soap/ Postman, I am getting Data Access Error.

Can you please help? thanks!