What happens when Pre flow/ Post flow contain authorization and message logging policies when streaming is enabled in request and response

Not applicable

When streaming is enable in request or response for a POST/GET call where there is no policy that reads the message body however contains authorization and message logging policies

What is the behavior when Pre flow/ Post flow contain authorization and message logging policies ?

This question arises from the following APIGEE documentation “We strongly recommend you do not attach policies where streaming is enabled (request or response). If policies are attached, buffering can occur that limits payload size to the numbers listed above, which defeats the purpose of enabling streaming to handle large payloads.”

Does this mean

1. The authorization policies at pre flow are not executed?

or

2. Message logging policies at post flow/ post client flow are not executed?

or

3.Though streaming is enabled, it does not stream but rather buffer?

or

4. All the policies are executed and streaming is also enabled since there is no policy that reads the message body

Solved Solved
0 1 621
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Thiyagu

When streaming is enabled, request and/or response body will not be available for policies. I guess the sentence in the docs is misleading - I've provided feedback for it to be looked at.

You can attach any policy that doesn't work with body content when streaming is enabled, e.g. authorization, logging (if you are not logging anything from the body), etc.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @Thiyagu

When streaming is enabled, request and/or response body will not be available for policies. I guess the sentence in the docs is misleading - I've provided feedback for it to be looked at.

You can attach any policy that doesn't work with body content when streaming is enabled, e.g. authorization, logging (if you are not logging anything from the body), etc.