How to create an oauth access token that works on both the identical nodes.

Not applicable

steps,

I have a situation where, i have two apigee server gateways nodes.

before that i have a load balancer.

i have exported my proxies and oauth proxy as well to both the nodes.

now i have created an access token from one node but the question here is the same access token wont be working for the other node even though the proxies are same but product & Developer Apps i have created manually.

or is there a way to export and import them?

or is there a way to bind the same oauth access token to the both nodes under the load balancer?

0 6 723
6 REPLIES 6

Not applicable

Hmmm. If those MPs are registered under the same orgs, you shouldn't have to worry about it. Since you mentioned Products and Developers Apps, it led me to believe that you have some misconfiguration with these. So, to fix this, it's possible that you need to tweak the resources under API Products to make it work. By trying multiple combinations, you should be able to strike the right balance between too restrictive and too broad access to your APIs.

Thanks for your quick response, can you please elaborate it, so that i can understand it better?

Sure. I'm happy to elaborate. Is there anything specific that isn't clear?

let me put more detail then you can easily understand.

i have a proxy which is using oauth.

and oauth proxy itself deployed on the same server.

when we create oauth on dev node of apigee server it's working fine, since it has only a single noe.

now we have a real issue, in our deployment to higher env where we have two nodes pointing through load balancer.

for this i exported the proxies, while products and Developer Apps have been created manually on both the nodes.

now question is if i have to generate the access token on one node then will it be working for the other node, when an app requester with the access token will try to hit the load balancer?

how to handle this situation? to make the single access token working for both the nodes.

IME, it's completely transparent to you. So, same token should work with both nodes if they're registered under the same Org and same API Product. My point above was that you even though you're under the same Org, your tokens might have different levels of access depending on Developer App and API Product configuration. Therefore, if access token A, hits resource B, the response should be the consistent as long as the state of the token hasn't changed.

Are you observing intermittent errors when making the exact same API call with same access token? If so, there might be something off.

@avatar imagediegozuluaga thanks for the response,

I will check & let you know, since we are experiencing configuration issue on one node and it's not up now. once it's restored. will test and come back if your expertise is required.