Can Apigee connect to a HSM (hardware security module) appliance which is the Payshield 9000?

Is it possible to connect Apigee Edge with hardware security module appliance which is the Payshield 9000? I am assuming it can connect to AWS KMS systems.

Is it possible to connect to such system using Apigee Edge OPDK / Apigee Edge cloud ?

~~Q:S:TC~~

0 5 1,047
5 REPLIES 5

This is a goood question for @Bala Kasiviswanathan

Former Community Member
Not applicable
@Anil Sagar

"connect Apigee Edge with hardware security module" is a broad question. What is the use case? What do you intend to store on the HSM?

I know this is old, but any updates on this please? We have a requirement that we are working on, where this seems to be stated as a minimum criteria (working with a HSM), for our client.

Came across Google's CloudHSM (https://cloud.google.com/hsm/). Can Apigee talk to this via its APIs? I do not have all the details on the use case, but my understanding is that the private keys would be maintained on the HSM and Apigee would have to fetch the same to validate a bunch of JWT tokens.

bumping up this question

Apigee Team, anilsr, @DChiesa @hasri 
Any update to this thread about connecting to HSM service from Apigee ?? We have Luna HSM on-premise and wants to connect from Apigee OPDK in order to save private keys.