API PROXY: ECONNREFUSED from Target Backend

Not applicable

I'm getting error response while trying to access the api through my nodjs api proxy. While investigation I've found that request is not reaching the target (our api service). However, I'm getting the target response as "ECONNREFUSED"

Is their a way to check communication between api proxy & targer service?

0 6 1,178
6 REPLIES 6

@LoganathanSellappa , Welcome to Apigee Community.

Above information is not enough to better understand the issue. Can you please share nodejs & api proxy code you are using ? Any reason you are using the Node.JS proxy instead of calling the target url using target endpoint in the proxy ?

Not applicable

apiproxy.zip

FYI I'm getting this error response only when I use my integration/stage environments (which is whitelisted only for apigee network)

@LoganathanSellappa , Can you able to make the CURL call from the router message processor machine & verify whether you can access backend service ?

Also, Can you please explain why are you using the Node.JS type API proxy instead of simple reverse proxy in Apigee Edge where you can configure target url in target endpoint ?

If this is an OPDK installation, there is a node.js setting (connect.ranges.disabled) that is used to blacklist IP ranges. Any chance your target IP is in one of the following ranges: 10.0.0.0/8, 192.168.0.0/16 or 127.0.0.1/32

@Jeremy Whitlock Our ip is a piblic ip however we're allowing request only from the whitelisted ips(we've whitelisted apigee ips ranges already)

Not applicable

@Anil Sagar I didnt try the curl on router. Can you share me the links/steps to try the curl inside the apigee network. FYI Its our company policy to use nodejs proxy also I think t'll give more control to us