Starting Developer Portal error in its installation

oyamatakuro
Participant IV

Hello,

I installed Edge for private cloud v 4.17.01.01 with "aio" option for testing and it is working.

I also tried installing Developer Portal on the same node following the instruction on

http://docs.apigee.com/private-cloud/latest/developer-services-portal-installation.

But I get the following error during the installation with apigee-setup utility.
/opt/apigee/apigee-setup/bin/setup.sh -p dp -f configFile

Is there any missing point in the installation or any tips when installing dev portal on a single node with Edge?

-------
...abbr
apigee-service: apigee-lb: Not running (NO_LOCKFILE)
apigee-service: apigee-lb: status=2, continuing
apigee-service: apigee-lb: OK
apigee-service: apigee-lb: apigee-lb is running
OK: apigee-drupal-devportal started
Waiting for Dev Portal to start
Retrying in 5 sec (1)
Retrying in 5 sec (2)

Retrying in 5 sec (20)

Error starting Dev Portal
Continue anyhow? y/n (y): [2017-05-18 03:52:02 PM]
Finished apigee-drupal-devportal setup

-------

I also checked the log files in /opt/apigee/var/log/apigee-drupal-devportal, but there are no explicit errors.

Accoring to the installation process, the next step would be to access the developer portal with http://<host ip address>:8079/,
but looks like the port 8079 is not even listening. I tried the connection from local with telnet, but connection refused.

It looks like apigee-drupal-devportal service is running.

apigee-service apigee-drupal-devportal status
OK: apigee-drupal-devportal is up and running

Any help will be appreciated.

Solved Solved
0 8 1,544
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@Takuro Oyama

DevPortal currently will not work on the same box as AIO installation out-of-the-box.

The NGINX configuration that Routers and DevPortal's dependency apigee-lb use do conflict.

You would need to sort out .conf files for those NGINX virtual hosts to make them work together. It is not hard, but if you never did it before, you better skip this for now.

The easiest way to clean your installation is to:

a) uninstall apigee-lb/DevPortal components from AIO box;

b) use another box for DevPortal install. You can re-use AIO PostgreSQL, or, to make it simple, to let DevPortal setup install a local one for you.

The similar limitation applies for installing of DevPortal on a BaaS box.

View solution in original post

Not applicable

@Takuro Oyama I had devportal and edge AIO working on the same node after making the following changes:

1. Edit the file : /opt/apigee/apigee-lb/source/conf.d/0-upstream-stats.conf and change the line

listen 127.0.0.1:9000; ( you can set it to 9005 )

2. Edit the file: /opt/apigee/apigee-lb/source/conf.d/0-health.conf and change the line

listen 15999 default_server; ( you can set it to 15998)

3. Copy /opt/nginx/conf/default.conf to /opt/nginx/conf/default1.conf

4. Edit /opt/nginx/conf/default1.conf and change the line

listen 127.0.0.1:9080 ; ( you can set this to 9081)

5. Edit /opt/apigee/apigee-lb/source/conf/nginx.conf and change the line

include /opt/nginx/conf/default.conf; ( change this to include /opt/nginx/conf/default1.conf;)

Restart devportal following this:

/opt/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service apigee-drupal-devportal stop /opt/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service apigee-drupal-devportal start

Verify if you are able to access devportal at: http://<portal_ip>:8079/

Let me know if this works for you

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Not applicable

Can you check or share if there are any exceptions in setup-root.log? that gets created during your installation.

oyamatakuro
Participant IV

setup-rootlog.txt

setup-root.log is as attached, but there is no exception in it.

You should see the below if it installs properly which I don't see that in your logs.

Waiting for Dev Portal to start

Dev Portal successfully started

check if you see any details in the error.log in the logs dir or you can do a setup again and see if it works.

I see same error while installing devportal 4.18.01, its standalone one. The status shows

apigee-service apigee-lb status

apigee-service: apigee-lb: OK

+ apigee-service apigee-postgresql

status apigee-service: apigee-postgresql: OK

what could be the reason. this is also happening timeout for me.

The management server is up and running but the organization is not created yet. This will be completed later.

So, is the issue because of that, or devportal installation is done, only once mgmt gets ready it will be able to login devportal ?

Please suggest if anything else is there due to which there is problem, if that is the case please suggest how that can be resolved. Thanks in advance

@Takuro Oyama

DevPortal currently will not work on the same box as AIO installation out-of-the-box.

The NGINX configuration that Routers and DevPortal's dependency apigee-lb use do conflict.

You would need to sort out .conf files for those NGINX virtual hosts to make them work together. It is not hard, but if you never did it before, you better skip this for now.

The easiest way to clean your installation is to:

a) uninstall apigee-lb/DevPortal components from AIO box;

b) use another box for DevPortal install. You can re-use AIO PostgreSQL, or, to make it simple, to let DevPortal setup install a local one for you.

The similar limitation applies for installing of DevPortal on a BaaS box.

@ylesyuk1

Thank you for your help!

I will consider to edit .conf for nginx or to install dev portal on a different machine from the aio host.

Not applicable

@Takuro Oyama I had devportal and edge AIO working on the same node after making the following changes:

1. Edit the file : /opt/apigee/apigee-lb/source/conf.d/0-upstream-stats.conf and change the line

listen 127.0.0.1:9000; ( you can set it to 9005 )

2. Edit the file: /opt/apigee/apigee-lb/source/conf.d/0-health.conf and change the line

listen 15999 default_server; ( you can set it to 15998)

3. Copy /opt/nginx/conf/default.conf to /opt/nginx/conf/default1.conf

4. Edit /opt/nginx/conf/default1.conf and change the line

listen 127.0.0.1:9080 ; ( you can set this to 9081)

5. Edit /opt/apigee/apigee-lb/source/conf/nginx.conf and change the line

include /opt/nginx/conf/default.conf; ( change this to include /opt/nginx/conf/default1.conf;)

Restart devportal following this:

/opt/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service apigee-drupal-devportal stop /opt/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service apigee-drupal-devportal start

Verify if you are able to access devportal at: http://<portal_ip>:8079/

Let me know if this works for you

@Arun Kumar

Thank you for giving the great information!

With your answer, I understand how to change overlapped ports number between virtual hosts used by Edge and by Dev Portal so that they can coexist on the same node.