General control of invocation limit

Not applicable

Dear colleagues,

In Apigee's plan we have a general invocation limit per year, we can implement limits for API Proxy, API Product, App, etc. I wonder if you have a way to control the overall amount of invocations? In the analysis I have how to see the amount of invocations of a Proxy API in a limited period in a certain environment, I would like to be able to see the total amount of all API Proxy during a day, a month, a year, is it possible? How have you controlled the number of invocations to not exceed the annual limit imposed by Apigee?

Greetings.

Solved Solved
1 5 222
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Marcelo Barroso , Welcome to Apigee Community !

I believe you are talking about Apigee Edge Pricing Plans & API Limits related to each pricing plan. Let me clarify few things. If you are a paid customer of Apigee,

• You can see consumption of APIs in https://360.apigee.com by month & status of Entitlement Usage. You use the same portal to track Usage of APIs across your account, Availability, Raise support tickets and many other things.
  • If you don't have access, One of them in your company will have access to it. Please work with him to see the API Usage details.
  • Apigee Edge Pricing Plans API Limits are not hard limits. We don't stop the traffic to the target if limit is crossed. Apigee sales team will alert you & work with you to upgrade to higher plans or purchase add ons.
  • We all will be happy to see API traffic going up & crossing the limits. It shows that your business is growing. In today's digital transformation APIs means serious business isn't it ? We will never stop the traffic to target servers if limits are crossed. We will work with you to upgrade to higher plans or purchase add ons.
  • You can define the quota based on your requirement if you think a particular stakeholder is consuming more than intended number of APIs. Apigee Edge provides out of the box features to do traffic management & quota.

Again, We would love to see you grow from product -> program -> platform. Idea behind having API limits for particular account related to pricing plan is pay as you go / grow, but not to control the overall amount of invocations.

Yep, Having an alert notification on overall quota is a good feature to have. Let me check if 360 portal has any apis that you can call to find out overall API consumption apart from visualizing same in the UI.

Hope it helps.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

sarthak
Participant V

@Marcelo Barroso Sorry, I don't fully understand the question. Are you talking about API Products based rate limiting and applying them per month/day/year etc.? Can you please clarify?

@sarthak I want to know how I can monitor how much of my annual call quota has already been used? Because Apigee requires payment for additional calls and I'd like to be alerted when my APIs are reaching this quota limit. This concern should be normal in the companies that work with Apigee and I want to know how they have monitored this issue?

@Marcelo Barroso , Welcome to Apigee Community !

I believe you are talking about Apigee Edge Pricing Plans & API Limits related to each pricing plan. Let me clarify few things. If you are a paid customer of Apigee,

• You can see consumption of APIs in https://360.apigee.com by month & status of Entitlement Usage. You use the same portal to track Usage of APIs across your account, Availability, Raise support tickets and many other things.
  • If you don't have access, One of them in your company will have access to it. Please work with him to see the API Usage details.
  • Apigee Edge Pricing Plans API Limits are not hard limits. We don't stop the traffic to the target if limit is crossed. Apigee sales team will alert you & work with you to upgrade to higher plans or purchase add ons.
  • We all will be happy to see API traffic going up & crossing the limits. It shows that your business is growing. In today's digital transformation APIs means serious business isn't it ? We will never stop the traffic to target servers if limits are crossed. We will work with you to upgrade to higher plans or purchase add ons.
  • You can define the quota based on your requirement if you think a particular stakeholder is consuming more than intended number of APIs. Apigee Edge provides out of the box features to do traffic management & quota.

Again, We would love to see you grow from product -> program -> platform. Idea behind having API limits for particular account related to pricing plan is pay as you go / grow, but not to control the overall amount of invocations.

Yep, Having an alert notification on overall quota is a good feature to have. Let me check if 360 portal has any apis that you can call to find out overall API consumption apart from visualizing same in the UI.

Hope it helps.

That's what I wanted @Anil Sagar. If there is any API that would make me like 360.apigee.com infomations, would be very good. It would be great to be able to see API calls daily, monthly and annually, completing the single option that we have to see weekly!

@Marcelo Barroso , You can use Analytics API to get prod environment traffic to count API usage. We count only prod environment traffic for API usage as far as i know. You can easily get daily , monthly , weekly , quarterly, annually using Analytics API. Only thing is you have to make multiple API calls. You can build your own dashboard using above Analytics API just like 360.apigee.com. I believe 360.apigee.com uses same API to display information. Hope it helps.