How can I add side navigation to New edge developer portal UI ?

I am trying to integrate side menu in new developer portal,

Is there a way we can add side nav to new developer portal? Can we delete header menu altogether? also, can I somehow integrate Angular JS library in the application?

Is there any CMS that we are using in new developer portal? If yes, what is the CMS so that we can refer functionalities while adding features to it.

Solved Solved
0 4 258
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Prashanth Naika The new Dev portal is completely homegrown and it is designed to support minimal customizations. The expectation is many customers who don't need advanced customizations can get started very easily with the new portal. Whereas if you need advanced customizations you can keep on using Drupal based portal

I don't know the exact answer to your first question, but if you are not able to manipulate certain navigation using css/js then most likely it is not supported yet.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Prashanth Naika The new Dev portal is completely homegrown and it is designed to support minimal customizations. The expectation is many customers who don't need advanced customizations can get started very easily with the new portal. Whereas if you need advanced customizations you can keep on using Drupal based portal

I don't know the exact answer to your first question, but if you are not able to manipulate certain navigation using css/js then most likely it is not supported yet.

thanks, @sarthak, When you say it is designed to support minimal customization, then is there a way we can include custom authorization to new developer platform? I know this is a different question from what I initially asked, sorry about that.

Custom Auth like having our own inbuilt Auth service, which has an ability to have SSOs in it. Do you think something like this would be supported in new portal?

Hi @sarthak

I have gone through the New Developer Portal experience and it's amazing with swagger based UI Implementation but I'm curious to know when I can expect the Drupal based New Developer portal. So that we can plan our heavy customization on the newer version instead of doing on our old portal.

Can we get any tentative date or is there any sandbox URL available, so that we can play around that?

Regards,

Hemanth

@Prashanth Naika , Just FYI, Do you know that Apigee also has Developer Portal based on Drupal which is full fledged CMS & offers rich features out of the box ? You can easily manage menus in Drupal based Developer Portal.