Google Analytics to track API usage?

Not applicable

I'm able to track the number of users that are visiting specific pages using Google Analytics but, Can we track the name or number of the users those are using the API's on my dev portal using google analytics? or else is there any alternate way?

0 7 1,658
7 REPLIES 7

@vamshireddykalva , Apigee Analytics provides all the details. Why do you need Google Analytics ?

I need to track the usage of the dev portal by the customer(for which I'm using google analytics) but I'm curious if google analytics can also be used to track the number of API calls specific to a particular customer.

My goal is basically to track which customer is using which API(how can I do that?)

@vamshireddykalva , Customer creates an APP, uses app keys to make API calls. Apigee Analytics automatically tracks this & stores information. You can create reports in Apigee Edge Analytics to find out which customer is using which API.

It's the most fundamental feature of Apigee Edge Analytics & It's available out of the box.

Can we also track the name of the customer and how many times is he calling a particular API?

@vamshireddykalva , Yes, You can do that in Apigee out of the box. Hope it helps.

is google suggesting using a non google product?  🙂    But can you view these results within google analytics like the OP asked?    I don't want to have to create manual reports, and have reports spread out over multiple products.   for example i want a chart that shows html hits vs api hits..   this solution doesn't seem to allow this without manual report building..     sot the question still stands for me..     how can I track my api WITHIN google analytics?

No one?  🙂