New edge UI experince only for public cloud ?

han-zhang
Participant IV

Hi,

I have seen a lot of update list on below page

https://docs-new.apigee.com/release-notes

Are all the updates list in the page only for public cloud?

For example, does on-prem cloud have the same thing below?

New features and updates in Release 17.03.01.00

Thanks

Solved Solved
0 3 252
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The same teams are building both UIs, however, there are separate code bases for both projects. It is expected that anything added to the classic UI at this point will also be available in the new UI. If you find any discrepancy, that is probably a bug—please send feedback if that happens!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hanzhang, thanks for the question. Yes, today the new experience is only available in the public cloud version. Part of this is because there is additional work to take it to private cloud, and we preferred to launch it earlier and learn in the environment we run. Over the next few months, we'll move from the current opt-in to an opt-out approach before removing the old UI entirely.

We're currently aiming for the 17.09 release, which should only contain the new experience. However, we have a fair distance to go, so that should not be viewed as a commitment—it's just a bit of insight into where we are today and what our priorities are.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for your answer Marsh.

Just an example:

So when I look at the release note

http://docs.apigee.com/release-notes/content/sneak-preview-edge-private-cloud-release-41705

I can see this incoming 4.17.05 private clound release includes several public cloud EdgeUI releases(e.g. 17.03.01)

Does that mean all the things list in 17.03.01 for public cloud will be included in private 4.17.05?

It seems even the private cloud release have the public cloud release, however it does not seem to have all the features of that public cloud release have.

Thanks

Han

The same teams are building both UIs, however, there are separate code bases for both projects. It is expected that anything added to the classic UI at this point will also be available in the new UI. If you find any discrepancy, that is probably a bug—please send feedback if that happens!