new edge experience for private cloud

robert
Participant V

Is adding the new developer experience (specs, new portal, etc..) to Edge on the product roadmap for the private cloud version? If so, when is the expected release date?

Solved Solved
0 12 548
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Robert, good question. Yes, today the new experience is only available in the public cloud version. Part of this is because there is additional work to take it to private cloud, and we preferred to launch it earlier and learn in the environment we run. Over the next few months, we'll move from the current opt-in to an opt-out approach before removing the old UI entirely.

We're currently aiming for the 17.09 release, which should only contain the new experience. However, we have a fair distance to go, so that should not be viewed as a commitment—it's just a bit of insight into where we are today and what our priorities are.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Hi Robert, good question. Yes, today the new experience is only available in the public cloud version. Part of this is because there is additional work to take it to private cloud, and we preferred to launch it earlier and learn in the environment we run. Over the next few months, we'll move from the current opt-in to an opt-out approach before removing the old UI entirely.

We're currently aiming for the 17.09 release, which should only contain the new experience. However, we have a fair distance to go, so that should not be viewed as a commitment—it's just a bit of insight into where we are today and what our priorities are.

Hope that helps!

Hi Marsh, I saw the notification that private cloud version 4.17.09 is out. Does this have the new edge experience included?

We are eagerly waiting for this. If not then when this is expected to be released.

I am 4.17.05 version and one of the features we are looking for is to browse the sawgger json file from local file system and upload it. Currently there is only option to get the spec from URL not from the file system. Is this option available in 4.17.09 or any workaround??

Sat

Hi @Satyendra Srivastava, Did you try this article here for offline api proxy creation using swagger file.

Hope that helps!

Chidham

Hi @marshg@google.com, any update on when the new UI might be released for Edge Private Cloud? I noticed it wasn't included in 17.09 so I'm assuming it is still in process? Any updated ETA or product roadmap you can share?

Yes, we're still working on this—making good progress but it's too much work to predict a release date with certainty at this time. Stay tuned!

rajeshkr
Participant II

Hi is the new UI available with 4.18.01 version of private cloud ?

Thanks Stephen for your quick reply, when was the Beta released and when can I except the stable version ?

The Beta was released with 18.01 in January. I don't know the date for the final release.

Stephen

Thank u for your response

Thanks for the update Stephen

Does the beta support the portal which is non-drupal based for on-premise ?