Statistics Collector Custom Dimensions issue

Not applicable

Hey guys I'm trying to create an analytic reports using statistics collector, I have done in the past and was successful in getting the reports.

Now when I try it again I couldn't get the Statistic name in the Custom Dimensions while creating a new custom report.

I tried it a couple of times but still it is not populated there. What can be the cause?

Extract policy

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<ExtractVariables async="false" continueOnError="false" enabled="true" name="Extract-Variables-1">
    <DisplayName>Extract Variables 1</DisplayName>
     <Properties/>

<IgnoreUnresolvedVariables>true</IgnoreUnresolvedVariables>
    <JSONPayload>
        <Variable name="city">
            <JSONPath>$.position.City</JSONPath>
        </Variable>
    </JSONPayload>
    <Source clearPayload="false">response</Source>
  <!--  <VariablePrefix>apigee</VariablePrefix>
    -->
</ExtractVariables>
Stats collector Policy

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<StatisticsCollector async="false" continueOnError="false" enabled="true" name="Statistics-Collector-1">
    <DisplayName>Statistics Collector 1</DisplayName>
    <Properties/>
    <Statistics>
        <Statistic name="postal_zip" ref="city" type="STRING">invalid_zip</Statistic>
    </Statistics>
</StatisticsCollector>

screenshot-4.jpg

0 14 1,073
14 REPLIES 14

adas
Participant V

I think its a regression in the current release. I know this was working, like you said but seems to be broken in the current version of the Apigee Edge. Did you try clearing your browser cache and login again. If it still doesn't work then it has to be a bug. I will work with our engineering team to report the bug and come back to you with an update shortly.

Has the issue been fixed?

@arghya das wondering if the team got a chance to figure out what's going on here and if it's a bug, fix it?

@arghya das any updates on this? It does not seem to work for me either.

Not applicable

You don't see it even after you sent some traffic ?

No I can't see it even after sending some traffic.

adas
Participant V

Yeah, it looks like a regression. Infact the complete list of "Custom Dimensions" is missing from the dimensions drop down. I have filed a bug for the regression issue, we will evaluate the impact and a possible fix and get it resolved.

adas
Participant V

@Vinit Mehta This should be resolved now. The UI issues was fixed and pushed as part of the current cloud release. The data may not be showing up because of the backend bug, which should also be addressed now after the AX release yesterday. Please try and let me know, if you still see issues with it.

Hi - is there a patch available for on-premise apigee edge installations? We have run in to this problem on following latest version of software.

[root@dit1-apigee bin]# ./get-version.sh OPDK: 4.15.01.00 Apigee gateway: 1.0.0.655.a4b746c.1501081353 Enterprise UI: 4.15.01.00-76032c8-20150114-120655 Play framework 1.2.7 Zookeeper: 3.4.5 Cassandra: 1.2.19 Qpid: 0.14 Postgres: 9.3

adas
Participant V

Hi @Satheesh Donthy,

No patch available yet for on-premise. Looks like you are on OPDK 4.15.01.00 based on the output above. If that's true, how critical is it for you to have this patch, considering this is a single fix. If you are okay to get a service pack for this, I can raise a patch request.

I would need few details like customer name, current version etc. Can you email me those details at adas@apigee.com

sidd-harth
Participant V

Hi @arghya das @Birute Awasthi, I thought this issue was fixed in the recent release(s). I am still facing the same issue.

Statistic name is not displayed in Custom Dimensions while creating a new custom report.

Kindly look into this.

Thanks.

We recently updated the doc to explain that any numeric statistics, those defined in the StatisticsCollector as integer/float/long/double, appear under "Metrics" in a custom report, not under "Dimensions".

That might not solve your problem, but I wanted to make sure you knew about this recent doc update: http://apigee.com/docs/api-services/reference/statistics-collector-policy

Stephen

@sgilson Thank you for letting me know about the change's in doc.

The statistic name is now displaying in custom dimensions(only after sending some traffic).

But now I have a different problem, I dunno if it is an know issue or only I'm getting it..

686-report.png

I have created using both old-manual method and the new Solution Builder. Both the times Im getting this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

@Anil Sagar

732-analytics.png

Hi @Anil Sagar ,I would like to know what is causing this error?