How to get Masked Proxy Request, Proxy Response

Not applicable

I would like to log the masked request and masked response to sumologic.

we are using datamasking API to mask the data in Trace route.

I am able to log request.content and response.content with out any issue. As request.content and response.content contains some sensitive data which needs to be masked before writing to Sumologic.

I could mask the request.content in JS policy before writing to sumologic. But this will be redundant and maintainability will be an issue.

I am not able to find any variable referance for masked data.

http://docs.apigee.com/api-services/reference/variables-reference

1 11 948
11 REPLIES 11

@Pradeep Ande , At present, It's as per design.

Datamasking API that you use is specific to trace / debug session only. In Apigee Edge trace you would like to mask data but you would like to see the request / response in target or client. If we change the payload it doesn't make sense.

Totally Agree with you, Ability to mask the data in message logging too will be additional advantage. But unfortunately, It's not available as of today. You need to fall back to java/python/javascript etc. to actually encrypt/mask the data.

@Dino , What do you think about same ? Is it a good feature / must have feature for message logging policy ? I see a similar question here. Have you seen similar requests from others too ? If yes, Probably we can follow up with Engineering.

I like the idea of exposing a function that would returned the "masked" data, as it would be displayed in the Apigee Trace. This is not something we had considered previously, as far as I am aware.

We can take this as a new feature request. There's no guarantee if or when the engineering team might be able to implement it. So for now you would have to redundantly perform the masking in JS / Python etc. Unfortunately.

@Dino Do you guys have any updates on this implementing a function to get Masked data.

@Dino @Anil Sagar @ Google
Do we have this feature implemented in v.4.18.05.00

No, the feature is not implemented.

@Dino-at-Google Do we have this feature implemented ?

No, the feature is not implemented.

@Dino-at-Google Do we have this feature implemented? We have a requirement to mask the data before logging to Splunk.

not yet added. We are setting to a variable with character replaced by X and logging.

@Priyadarshi Ajitav Jena by using JS need replace ****?

I am using python script, as in my case I had to hide half of the string characters and another half normal. I felt python easy coding for that.