How do I delete my current home page and place new custom page as a home page? I don't want to change all other pages.

Not applicable

Thank you for guiding me for creating custom page. But, After creating custom page I need to delete my current home page and use my custom page as a home page.

I have 3 questions for you.

1) How do I delete and replace my home page with already created custom home page?

2) Is it possible that I can use 2 custom pages for my site and rest of other pages are default lay out pages? If yes then please show me the way.

3) how do I insert my one custom page in the middle of other site pages?

Thank you for your kind help.

Solved Solved
0 3 415
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear @Dhwani Trivedi ,

Please find answers below.

1) How do I delete and replace my home page with already created custom home page?

• Changing the site front page path in Configuration -> System -> Site Information. See screenshot below.

452-site-info.png

• Go to admin/content and search for Title "Home" and delete the Home Page. NOTE: Changes cannot be reverted and page will be lost. Just unpublish instead of delete if you want to retain some point later.

2) Is it possible that I can use 2 custom pages for my site and rest of other pages are default lay out pages? If yes then please show me the way.

• Yes, It's possible. There is nothing like default layout / custom layouts. It's all depend on how you arrange blocks in the theme regions and write css. Learn about Drupal Theming & Templating on your own. Many online resources are available since Drupal is open source. Check for panels module in Drupal where you can create multiple layouts without writing any css.

• You cannot insert a page in another page. It's a bad Drupal Practice. Use views and blocks to do the same work. Learn about Drupal Views and Drupal Blocks to understand concepts and it will be cake walk for you.

Cheers,

Anil Sagar

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Dear @Dhwani Trivedi ,

Please find answers below.

• Changing the site front page path in Configuration -> System -> Site Information. See screenshot below.

452-site-info.png

• Go to admin/content and search for Title "Home" and delete the Home Page. NOTE: Changes cannot be reverted and page will be lost. Just unpublish instead of delete if you want to retain some point later.

• Yes, It's possible. There is nothing like default layout / custom layouts. It's all depend on how you arrange blocks in the theme regions and write css. Learn about Drupal Theming & Templating on your own. Many online resources are available since Drupal is open source. Check for panels module in Drupal where you can create multiple layouts without writing any css.

• You cannot insert a page in another page. It's a bad Drupal Practice. Use views and blocks to do the same work. Learn about Drupal Views and Drupal Blocks to understand concepts and it will be cake walk for you.

Cheers,

Anil Sagar

Not applicable

Thank you @asagar . 🙂

Dear @Dhwani Trivedi : Glad your issue is resolved. Fyi: In the future, rather than adding a note as an additional "Answer" to your own question, you can add your "thanks..." and additional info as a COMMENT to the actual answer provided.