Apigee AIO installation fails with 'No attribute : EndpointToHostId'.

I'm performing a private cloud setup of Apigee 4.17.x on OS RHEL 7.3. I ended up in an error,

Service setup edge-management-server
Validating setup variables
Checking for required variables
Checking required variable ZK_HOSTS...OK
Checking required variable ZK_CLIENT_HOSTS...OK
Checking required variable CASS_HOSTS...OK
Checking required variable HOSTIP...OK
Checking required variable MSIP...OK
Checking required variable REGION...OK
Checking required variable ADMIN_EMAIL...OK
Checking for optional variables
Found optional variable LICENSE_FILE...OK
Found optional variable APIGEE_ADMINPW...OK
Found optional variable APIGEE_LDAPPW...OK
Found optional variable LDAP_PORT...OK
Found optional variable APIGEE_PORT_HTTP_MS...OK
Found optional variable MP_POD...OK
APIGEE_PORT_HTTP_MS does not exist in /opt/apigee/customer/defaults.sh. Adding...
MSIP does not exist in /opt/apigee/customer/defaults.sh. Adding...
ADMIN_EMAIL does not exist in /opt/apigee/customer/defaults.sh. Adding...
The file bin/setenv.sh was changed
[ChangeDelta, position: 0, lines: [lib_path="$working_dir"/../lib, conf_path="$working_dir"/../conf, data_dir="$working_dir"/../data] to [lib_path=${install_dir}/lib, conf_path=${install_dir}/conf, data_dir=${APIGEE_APP_LOGDIR:-${install_dir}/data}, , , , ]]
[ChangeDelta, position: 4, lines: [max_mem=256m, max_permsize=256m] to [max_mem=512m, max_permsize=128m]]
[ChangeDelta, position: 7, lines: [meta_space_size=512m, ] to [meta_space_size=128m]]
[ChangeDelta, position: 15, lines: [# max_open_files=1024] to [# max_open_files=100000, #, # Enable this by default for ASG]]
The file lib/settings was changed
[ChangeDelta, position: 0, lines: [START_PRIO=90, STOP_PRIO=10] to [APPLICATION_EXE=$COMPONENT_ROOT/bin/start, HTTP_PORT=8080]]
The file webapps/api/WEB-INF/web.xml was changed
[InsertDelta, position: 42, lines: [        ]]
[InsertDelta, position: 50, lines: [    ]]
[InsertDelta, position: 67, lines: [    ]]
apigee-configutil: edge-management-server: # OK
conf_zookeeper_connection.string does not exist in /opt/apigee/token/application/management-server.properties. Adding...
conf_system_region does not exist in /opt/apigee/token/application/management-server.properties. Adding...
conf_system_profile does not exist in /opt/apigee/token/application/management-server.properties. Adding...
conf_keymanagement-datastore-config_read.consistencylevel does not exist in /opt/apigee/token/application/management-server.properties. Adding...
conf_keymanagement-datastore-config_write.consistencylevel does not exist in /opt/apigee/token/application/management-server.properties. Adding...
conf_security_ldap.server.admin.dn does not exist in /opt/apigee/token/application/management-server.properties. Adding...
conf_security_ldap.server.host does not exist in /opt/apigee/token/application/management-server.properties. Adding...
conf_security_ldap.server.admin.password does not exist in /opt/apigee/token/application/management-server.properties. Adding...
conf_security_ui.emailid does not exist in /opt/apigee/token/application/management-server.properties. Adding...
conf_security_ldap.server.port does not exist in /opt/apigee/token/application/management-server.properties. Adding...
conf_webserver_http.port does not exist in /opt/apigee/token/application/management-server.properties. Adding...
conf_query-service_pgDefaultUser does not exist in /opt/apigee/token/application/management-server.properties. Adding...
conf_query-service_dwDefaultUser does not exist in /opt/apigee/token/application/management-server.properties. Adding...
conf_pg-agent_password does not exist in /opt/apigee/token/application/management-server.properties. Adding...
conf_pg-ingest_password does not exist in /opt/apigee/token/application/management-server.properties. Adding...
conf_query-service_pgDefaultPwd does not exist in /opt/apigee/token/application/management-server.properties. Adding...
conf_query-service_dwDefaultPwd does not exist in /opt/apigee/token/application/management-server.properties. Adding...
conf_analytics_aries.pg.password does not exist in /opt/apigee/token/application/management-server.properties. Adding...
Copying /tmp/license.txt to /opt/apigee/customer/conf/license.txt 
Replacing file /opt/apigee/customer/conf/license.txt
Warning: File /opt/apigee/customer/conf/license.txt does not exist. Not removed.
Checking for required variables
Checking required variable CASS_HOSTS...OK
Checking for optional variables
schema_cassandra_keyspace_strategy_options does not exist in /opt/apigee/token/application/management-server.properties. Adding...
The file conf/analytics.properties was changed
[ChangeDelta, position: 51, lines: [aries.pg.password=VRElppqWQYNtRS7UDgj3RA==] to [aries.pg.password=pFh0A5ifek+5U40I54WPvw==]]
The file conf/security.properties was changed
[ChangeDelta, position: 23, lines: [ldap.server.host=ldap] to [ldap.server.host=172.31.2.152]]
[ChangeDelta, position: 26, lines: [ldap.server.admin.password=REPLACE_ME_IN_ETC_APIGEE_TOKEN_DEFAULT_PROPERTIES] to [ldap.server.admin.password=CYVj9If7mtkqryXk+pNOlA==]]
[ChangeDelta, position: 152, lines: [ui.emailid=REPLACE_ME_IN_ETC_APIGEE_TOKEN_DEFAULT_PROPERTIES] to [ui.emailid=aashish.pathak@freshgravity.com]]
The file conf/system.properties was changed
[ChangeDelta, position: 100, lines: [region=default] to [region=dc-1]]
The file conf/query-service.properties was changed
[ChangeDelta, position: 4, lines: [pgDefaultUser=postgres] to [pgDefaultUser=apigee]]
[ChangeDelta, position: 6, lines: [dwDefaultUser=postgres] to [dwDefaultUser=apigee]]
The file conf/zookeeper.properties was changed
[ChangeDelta, position: 10, lines: [connection.string=localhost:2181] to [connection.string=172.31.2.152:2181/]]
The file schema/cassandra/analytics-schema.txt was changed
[ChangeDelta, position: 15, lines: [UPDATE KEYSPACE analytics WITH placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy' AND strategy_options={datacenter1:1};] to [UPDATE KEYSPACE analytics WITH placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy' AND strategy_options={dc-1:1};]]
The file schema/cassandra/apimodel-schema.txt was changed
[ChangeDelta, position: 409, lines: [update KEYSPACE apimodel WITH placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy' AND strategy_options={datacenter1:1};] to [update KEYSPACE apimodel WITH placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy' AND strategy_options={dc-1:1};]]
The file schema/cassandra/apprepo-schema.txt was changed
[ChangeDelta, position: 23, lines: [update KEYSPACE apprepo WITH placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy' AND strategy_options={datacenter1:1};] to [update KEYSPACE apprepo WITH placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy' AND strategy_options={dc-1:1};]]
The file schema/cassandra/aries-schema.txt was changed
[ChangeDelta, position: 22, lines: [update KEYSPACE aries WITH placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy' AND strategy_options={datacenter1:1};] to [update KEYSPACE aries WITH placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy' AND strategy_options={dc-1:1};]]
The file schema/cassandra/audit-schema.txt was changed
[ChangeDelta, position: 23, lines: [update KEYSPACE audit WITH placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy' AND strategy_options={datacenter1:1};] to [update KEYSPACE audit WITH placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy' AND strategy_options={dc-1:1};]]
The file schema/cassandra/auth-schema.txt was changed
[ChangeDelta, position: 11, lines: [update KEYSPACE auth WITH placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy' AND strategy_options={datacenter1:1};] to [update KEYSPACE auth WITH placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy' AND strategy_options={dc-1:1};]]
The file schema/cassandra/ax_custom_report_model-schema.txt was changed
[ChangeDelta, position: 30, lines: [update KEYSPACE ax_custom_report_model WITH placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy' AND strategy_options={datacenter1:1};] to [update KEYSPACE ax_custom_report_model WITH placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy' AND strategy_options={dc-1:1};]]
The file schema/cassandra/cache-schema.txt was changed
[ChangeDelta, position: 20, lines: [update KEYSPACE cache WITH placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy' AND strategy_options={datacenter1:1};] to [update KEYSPACE cache WITH placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy' AND strategy_options={dc-1:1};]]
The file schema/cassandra/counter-schema.txt was changed
[ChangeDelta, position: 31, lines: [update KEYSPACE counter WITH placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy' AND strategy_options={datacenter1:1};] to [update KEYSPACE counter WITH placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy' AND strategy_options={dc-1:1};]]
The file schema/cassandra/devconnect-schema.txt was changed
[ChangeDelta, position: 41, lines: [update KEYSPACE devconnect WITH placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy' AND strategy_options={datacenter1:1};] to [update KEYSPACE devconnect WITH placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy' AND strategy_options={dc-1:1};]]
The file schema/cassandra/edgenotification-schema.txt was changed
[ChangeDelta, position: 54, lines: [UPDATE KEYSPACE edgenotification WITH placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy' AND strategy_options={datacenter1:1};] to [UPDATE KEYSPACE edgenotification WITH placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy' AND strategy_options={dc-1:1};]]
The file schema/cassandra/keyvaluemap-schema.txt was changed
[ChangeDelta, position: 5, lines: [UPDATE KEYSPACE keyvaluemap WITH placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy' AND strategy_options={datacenter1:1};] to [UPDATE KEYSPACE keyvaluemap WITH placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy' AND strategy_options={dc-1:1};]]
The file schema/cassandra/kms-schema.txt was changed
[ChangeDelta, position: 187, lines: [update KEYSPACE kms WITH placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy' AND strategy_options={datacenter1:1};] to [update KEYSPACE kms WITH placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy' AND strategy_options={dc-1:1};]]
The file schema/cassandra/scheduler-schema.txt was changed
[ChangeDelta, position: 44, lines: [UPDATE KEYSPACE scheduler WITH placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy' AND strategy_options={datacenter1:1};] to [UPDATE KEYSPACE scheduler WITH placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy' AND strategy_options={dc-1:1};]]
The file schema/cassandra/user_settings-schema.txt was changed
[ChangeDelta, position: 6, lines: [update KEYSPACE user_settings WITH placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy' AND strategy_options={datacenter1:1};] to [update KEYSPACE user_settings WITH placement_strategy = 'NetworkTopologyStrategy' AND strategy_options={dc-1:1};]]
apigee-configutil: edge-management-server: # OK
error: No such attribute: EndpointToHostId
-- StackTrace --
javax.management.AttributeNotFoundException: No such attribute: EndpointToHostId
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.PerInterface.getAttribute(PerInterface.java:81)
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MBeanSupport.getAttribute(MBeanSupport.java:206)
at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.getAttribute(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:647)
at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.getAttribute(JmxMBeanServer.java:678)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doOperation(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1445)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.access$300(RMIConnectionImpl.java:76)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl$PrivilegedOperation.run(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1309)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doPrivilegedOperation(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1401)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.getAttribute(RMIConnectionImpl.java:639)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor5.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:346)
at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:200)
at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:197)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:196)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:568)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(TCPTransport.java:826)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.lambda$run$0(TCPTransport.java:683)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:682)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(StreamRemoteCall.java:276)
at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:253)
at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:162)
at com.sun.jmx.remote.internal.PRef.invoke(Unknown Source)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl_Stub.getAttribute(Unknown Source)
at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector$RemoteMBeanServerConnection.getAttribute(RMIConnector.java:903)
at javax.management.MBeanServerInvocationHandler.invoke(MBeanServerInvocationHandler.java:273)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy8.getEndpointToHostId(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.cassandra.tools.NodeProbe.getHostIdMap(NodeProbe.java:514)
at org.apache.cassandra.tools.NodeTool$Status.execute(NodeTool.java:2198)
at org.apache.cassandra.tools.NodeTool$NodeToolCmd.run(NodeTool.java:292)
at org.apache.cassandra.tools.NodeTool.main(NodeTool.java:206)
Error: Unable to connect to 172.31.2.152
Error Processing schema file: /opt/apigee/edge-management-server-4.17.01-0.0.967/schema/cassandra/analytics-schema.txt
Error: setup.sh: /opt/apigee/apigee-service/bin/apigee-service exited with unexpected status 1

Let me share the config file I'm using,

IP1=<AWS machine's IP >
HOSTIP=$(hostname -i)
ADMIN_EMAIL=<My email address>
APIGEE_ADMINPW=<pwd>
LICENSE_FILE=/tmp/license.txt
MSIP=$IP1
LDAP_TYPE=1
APIGEE_LDAPPW=<LDAP pwd>
BIND_ON_ALL_INTERFACES=y
MP_POD=gateway
REGION=dc-1
ZK_HOSTS="$IP1"
ZK_CLIENT_HOSTS="$IP1"
CASS_HOSTS="$IP1"
SKIP_SMTP=y
SMTPHOST=smtp.example.com
SMTPUSER=smtp@example.com # 0 for no username
SMTPPASSWORD=smtppwd # 0 for no password
SMTPSSL=n
SMTPPORT=25

Any sort of help is appreciated. Thanks.

0 15 510
15 REPLIES 15

Please check hostname -i and see if it resolves to an ip address. If not, please make changes in /etc/hosts to reflect the same.

[ec2-user@ip-172-31-2-152 ~]$ hostname -i

Yes, it does.

This looks like cassandra clients able to connect to the host.

Please check /etc/hosts and check for entries like :

::1          localhost

Please comment out such entries to disable IPv6 . Check any firewalld running. systemctl status firewalld. Disable it if they are running.

I assume IP1 and HOSTIP values to be same.

Please retry the setup command.

@rajeshmishra Here is the content of `/etc/hosts`

127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
#::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6

As you can see, I've commented out 2nd line. Still, I face the same issue. `hostname -i` gives me a proper IP. I can ping that IP from the same machine. This has anything to do with EC2 instance? The machine I'm trying to install is one EC2 machine. Also, checked firewall status on the machine,

[ec2-user@ip-172-31-2-152 ~]$ sudo systemctl status firewalld 
Unit firewalld.service could not be found.

It's fine to install Apigee Edge on a RHEL machine hosted in EC2.

Can you try these diagnostics for me please?

uname -r
uname -a

cat /etc/redhat-release
cat /etc/system-release

Yes, sure @Dino Here it goes,

3.10.0-514.el7.x86_64
Linux ip-172-31-2-152.us-west-2.compute.internal 3.10.0-514.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Oct 19 11:24:13 EDT 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.3 (Maipo)
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.3 (Maipo)

in sequence.

Let me know if anything more required.

This is a puzzle:

Error:Unable to connect to 172.31.2.152

You can also do apigee-all stop to stop all services.

do ps -aef | grep apigee to check if any other apigee process is running. If running kill them.

start the fresh installation.

Here onwards, whenever I make any change, I'm always doing a fresh install. Thanks for pointing that command.

did it work?

Nope, Installation status is same as mentioned in this question.

Please let me the RAM size and CPU cores of the box?.

Can you provide me RAM and CPU cores information of the machine ?.

Yeah, sure. Here it goes,

[ec2-user@ip-172-31-2-152 ~]$ free -h
              total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
Mem:            15G        1.5G         10G        620M        3.6G         12G
Swap:            0B          0B          0B
[ec2-user@ip-172-31-2-152 ~]$ lscpu
Architecture:          x86_64
CPU op-mode(s):        32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order:            Little Endian
CPU(s):                4
On-line CPU(s) list:   0-3
Thread(s) per core:    1